Chapter 39

Harry's POV:

The ten men surrounded me and I was having trouble fighting all of them off. While the two with the bows fired arrows, I slashed them in half with my sword, at the same time dodging blows from the other men's swords. 

I got another cut on my arm and I cursed, looking down at my right arm to see a crimson color dripping down. 

With a cry of determination, I lunged forward, tackling one man to the ground and shoving my sword into his stomach as I did so. Getting up, I swung my sword at the others coming at me, striking three of them across the chest.

"I can't afford to go down here. I made a promise." I breathe, glaring at the remaining six, who returned my glare. "For the Emperor!" one of them chanted and the other five let out war cries, raising their swords.

Gritting my teeth together, I braced myself for their attack. All of them charged at me and I took in a deep breath, gripping my sword tighter in my hand. Ignoring the pain that shot up in my arm as I did so, I ran straight into their attack. 

Sliding on my knees, I avoided their high attacks, swinging my sword out and cutting their legs, making them fall to the ground. Getting back to my feet, I go to all of them, slashing their necks open to end their lives. 

"Your Emperor can kiss my ass." I grumble, hearing a chuckle from behind me, causing my body to freeze.

"Is that so?" 

Turning around, my eyes widen as I see General Vox, his arms crossed in front of him with an amused look on his face. Five men were around him, giving me nasty looks. I looked back at Vox, his dark eyes bearing down at me.

"I suppose I should be honored to have a General want to fight me." I say dryly and a sinister look comes to his face. "No, I'm not going to fight you. You aren't worth my time. These foot soldiers will be enough to dispose of you," he says confidently and I narrow my eyes angrily.

"Besides, the Emperor has said he wants to kill you himself. I will not engage a simple brat unless I have to." he says smoothly and my eyes widen a little. "The Emperor? Why?" I ask and Vox grins at me.

"It is not a dog's business to be told what the master has planned. You need to realize you're the dog, boy." he says and my hands tremble with anger. "Excuse me?" I growl and he looks down on me, seeming disgusted.

"I should've killed the child when I had the chance, back on the island. Maybe I'll do that now, since she's caused us so much trouble." he says and I take a step forward, fury building in my body.

"Don't you lay a finger on her." I threaten and Vox grins. "I'm tempted to do so, just to see how you would handle her being killed." he says and I lunge forward, yelling as I raise my sword, about to come down on the General.

He stood still, his arms crossed as a smug look grew on his face. His foot soldiers stepped in front of him, blocking my attack and making me curse. "Avoiding me?!" I shout and he turns around, his red cloak swooshing behind him. 

"You need at least two decades more experience before you mess with me, boy. I'd kill you in a second. You're no more than a pesky fly." he says and anger fills my body. I'll show you pesky fly, arrogant bastard.

I punched one of them in the face, the cry from his lips not enough to turn Vox's head, and he continued to walk off as the rest of his men took me on. The only way to get his attention was to kill these foot soldiers and come after him directly. And that's precisely what I planned to do.

The five men began to come at me and I parried their blows, concentrating on each attack that was thrown at me. My focus doubled as my determination fueled my will to survive. If I took down the General, it's one step closer to winning this war. One step closer to seeing Bella again.