Chapter 42

Isabella's POV:

One attack from General Judo and I was nearly on the ground. I was hardly able to defend his blow, his wild eyes filled with enthusiasm and enjoyment as he attacked.

I couldn't even glance over at Harry to see how he was handling all of this, but I was hoping he was doing better than I was.

I blocked another attack of Judo's before I tried to retaliate, but to my dismay he knocked it away, and he quickly delivered a kick to my back, making me gasp as I fell forward, my face hitting the ground hard. 

I coughed up blood, pushing against the sand in an attempt to get up, and I heard Judo's laugh from above me.

"The great Lady Bella...so warn down already?" he sneers at me and I give him a glare, seeing him smile.

"But you still have fire in your eyes. Good." he says, to my surprise, and let's me get up on my own, not attacking me. 

"You need to have a better sense of urgency, Lady Bella. I need you to be attacking me seriously," he says with a sigh and I grit my teeth together, wiping the blood off of my mouth with one hand. I am... I think silently. "It seems a little change of tactic is due." General Judo says and my eyes widen as he lets out a loud whistle.

I turn around, shocked to see General Zaizo backing off of Harry, who was breathing heavily, but in much better condition than I was. 

But our relief of not being attacked didn't last long. Men began to charge at us and I feel my heart sink into my chest.

"I want to see your sense of urgency, Lady Bella," General Judo says before shrugging his shoulders. "If not, you'll be dead in minutes. And my job is still accomplished." he says and I take in a deep breath, shoving myself off the ground and getting to my feet, gripping my sword tightly with both hands.

I soon felt Harry behind me, both of us back  to back as men charged us. "You know what to do." he says and I nod, both of us taking off, clashing with the men who were ordered to attack us. 

Harry was taking them down faster than I was. But he also hadn't been poisoned like I was.

That didn't matter though. Not right now at least. The only thing I needed to focus on was defeating these men so I could live to see tomorrow.

I swung downwards as hard as I could, knocking a sword out of one man's hand. Digging my sword into the sand, I use the momentum I gathered from my swing and jumped in the air, swinging my leg around and nailing him in the face, sending him to the ground with a thud.

Landing and taking my sword out of the ground, I jump to avoid another sword swung at me, and I slice my sword at the man. He dodges my blow and I jump backwards, landing on the man I kicked to the ground, making him cough up blood as I landed on him.

I stabbed him in the stomach as I stood on him before jumping off of him, kicking his arm up in the air, making the soldier coming at me trip over it. As he fell to the ground, I sliced a long cut down the back of his spine, immobilizing him instantly. He would die soon from the wound.

These soldiers were nothing compared to the Generals. General Caius...General Judo...none of these soldiers are as tough as they are. 

I turned around, gripping my sword tightly, seeing two more men coming at me. My body ached with every single movement I made, but I couldn't afford to let my exhaustion take hold of me now. 

Running towards them, I grit my teeth together, charging sword first, thrusting my blade at them, and they blocked my attack at the same time, making me smirk.