Chapter Two

Double Trouble

     I slowly opened my eyes to a strong sunlight shining at me. With a yawn, I looked around at the scenery. "Hey there! You finally woke up, huh? That was some nap you took, you're a heavy sleeper!" Kagome chuckled as she looked at me, I sheepishly smiled.

     "Yeah, about that. As much as I'd like to stay here with you guys," You looked around at their strange group. "I can't because I constantly have trouble on my side, I'm bad luck if you can't already tell." I stated as I stood up, stretching my limbs to get ready to leave.

     "Another person to protect won't kill me." I heard Inuyasha say as he came up from behind me. I chuckled.

     "You sure? I'll try to not cause too much trouble then. I did realize something though, I need a weapon. If we encounter demons like Sesshomaru, I won't be much help with just my claws."

     "I know a guy. We can pay the old man a visit if that's whatcha need." Inuyasha responded with a toothy grin as I nodded. I sat back down against a tree and relaxed the tension from my angst yesterday.

     "Y/N, right?" The other girl in the group asked as she came up to me. I nodded and gave her a small smile. "My name is Sango and that's Miroku over there." Sango glanced at him and I waved since he was looking in our direction. "Just a heads up, he's a total pervert. If he gropes you, slap him like there's no tomorrow." Sango let a small laugh slip through her lips and I joined. I felt so at peace.

     "Thanks, I'll look out for it." I groaned as a joke and waved my tail around happily. This was the first time in years I had felt so happy. I had a group of friends now, and even that seemed so strange to me. After many, many years of solitude one gets used to not having a buddy to chat to. The fire-cat demon I had learned was named Kirara jumped on my lap and fell asleep with a content purr.

     "Kirara's probably really happy to see someone of her type. I hope you don't mind." Sango informed me with a smile, I shook my head. Of course I don't mind, that's how I felt for so many years. Now, I had what I didn't know I even needed.

     "I don't mind at all, I can relate to what she feels."

     Time passed before Kagome stated breakfast was ready. I looked down at Kirara and debated over what I should do. Before I could say anything, Sango said she'd bring me a bowl.

IF YOURE A READER IGNORE EVRYTHING

     "Hey Y/N?"

"Yeah, Inu?"

"Don't use that damn nickname on me!" Inuyasha told me with a groan as we then began walking back.

"Okay, okay, sorry." I chuckled, my hair lightly being whisked away by the wind. "What'd you want to tell me?"

Inuyasha paused and looked at me hesitantly. "Don't take this the wrong way," he paused. "but you're one of the few people I've actually enjoyed being around, even if it hasn't been that long. So be proud, dammit."

I looked at the embarrassed half-demon next to me and lightly chuckled. "Yeah? You too, Inu, you too."

"I told you not to call me that, dammit!"

I kept walking with a sigh, it was back to being alone again, huh? Not that I was complaining though, teams have never been my thing. I sighed again, closing my eyes and putting my arms in the back of my neck to cool me down from the hot weather. I thought about how I left Inuyasha's team around an hour ago.