Chapter Eighteen

~Both~

    "Shoot!" You yelled as you attacked the demon with Heiwasaiga. Kikyo let her arrow fly after you moved away and soon a small fragment of the jewel shard was in your possession.

     "You must not combat so much, especially with your pregnancy." Kikyo told you while putting her bow across her chest. "I won't battle as much next time." You said smiling, over the past few weeks you and Kikyo had become friends.

     "The next shard is near, and it's a large
quantity." Kikyo said looking away, she was still new with being 'friends'. "Inuyasha's group." You sighed and Kikyo looked at you. "We will avoid them." She told you walking away, you followed her closely.

"How long until your water breaks?" Kikyo asked you while still walking and looking forward. "Since my mate and I have demon sides, 3 months, it's been one." You answered her while smiling, you saw Kikyo visibly tense.

     "What's wrong?" You asked as she stopped walking. "Yo." Kagura simply said as she landed gracefully. "Kagura." Kikyo mumbled while taking her bow and pointing at Kagura.

     "Ha! How funny. Your sister did the same thing last time I visited." Kagura said while taking her fan and throwing it aside, like last time. "Hello, Kagura." You greeted her while nodding to Kikyo to become unarmed.

     "Hello, (y/n). How have you been? Has your baby been kicking? Does your stomach hurt at times?" Kagura asked as she came forward. "I've been great. My baby has been kicking a lot! My stomach rarely hurts." You answered while chuckling.

"That's not what you came for, spit it out." Kikyo told Kagura with dull eyes. "Indeed," She started as she turned to look at Kikyo then you.

"Inuyasha's group has found Naraku, the battle will begin in a couple days. Be careful, (y/n)." Kagura told you while hugging you, you were surprised because she usually never showed much affection.

"Then we must go." Kikyo said while walking away, you waved at Kagura as she left and matched Kikyo's pace. "Let's go!" You exclaimed cheerfully, Kikyo sighed and you chuckled.

~With the Group~

"I found his scent! I know I smelled it!" Inuyasha exclaimed as everyone looked at him doubtfully, he turned to Sesshomaru. "Indeed he did for I smelled it too, we must go find him. We must kill him. Naraku." Sesshomaru said as he spit Naraku's name with disgust.

"We should listen to them." Sango told the rest of the group as she looked at Miroku, he nodded and they walked over to the dog demons. Kage, Kirara, and Ah-Un followed.

Kagome sighed and looked at Jaken, who was already on the other side, and walked towards them. They all walked away in search of Naraku's scent once more.