Chapter Four

"Best morning ever!" You thought as you stretched while still on the branch. "Gotta get up and running!" You thought as you got off the branch and started running in a direction.

You ran for hours before you decided to take a break. You ended up in a forest which was very dark. You walked around looking everywhere until you heard a growl.

"What are you doing here?" A deep voice asked. "I was just exploring." You answered. "Get out of here." The voice said. "Make me!" You shouted. "Is your name (y/n)?" The voice asked. "How do you know my name?" You asked. "It can't be..." The voice said. "What can't be?!" You exclaimed. "You are the one from the prophecy!" The voice shouted. "Your description is the same and you are a cat demon!" The voice exclaimed. "What prophecy?!" You asked annoyed.

"The prophecy said that a female cat demon will wander around here at this time and meet a panther who will pledge his life and loyalty to the cat demon. He will do that because the cat demon is the queen of cats." The voice whispered. "What?! I'm not a queen! I'm just a cat demon who was wandering around here at the time that the prophecy said! It's a coincidence!" You exclaimed. "The prophecy is true because I am a panther." The voice said as you turned around. "And you are a cat demon." It added as you looked at it. "How can you talk?" You asked. "All cats can talk to other cats." The voice explained. "My name is Kage and I pledge my life and my loyalty to you, my queen. From now on I shall accompany you and protect you with my life." The panther said as it sat down and tilted its head.

"Are you male or female?" You asked. "Male." Kage answered as he turned around and ducked. "Get on." He told you. "Um...Ok." You told him as you got on his back. "Where shall I take you, my queen?" Kage asked. "Take me to Totosai's cave." You told him as he closed his eyes. "What are doing?" You asked him. "My family has an ability to see the path to where they want to go." Kage answered. "Oh." You sighed.

"So I'm the queen?" You asked with doubt in your tone. "Yes. When we arrive at our destination I must call all cats telepathically so that you may become queen by a ceremony." Kage answered. "Ok. I have a couple questions though, will all cats obey me and stuff?" You asked. "They must or they are disgraced." Kage answered. "Will I have many responsibilities?" You continued.

"Not very many. You will just have to make sure all cats are well fed and have warmth at night. You will have to protect the clan along with your deputy. Every morning, noon, and dusk you will have to send out hunting patrols to feed the whole clan, they will catch food and put it in a pile, we call it the kill pile. You are the queen to all cats and whoever defies you are kicked out of the clan and have to survive on their own. You will also have nine lives because you are the queen." Kage informed as he slowed down. "We are here." He told you.

"We will have to stay here all day tomorrow." You informed Kage as you got off him. "Understood." He told you as he followed you. "Totosai, is it ok if we stay here until you're done with my sword? We won't bother you..." You asked as you entered with Kage at your side. "You can stay here but don't cause me much trouble, I'm finishing your sword early and it should be finished in an hour." Totosai told you. "Thank you so much!" You said as you jumped up and down.