Chapter Seventeen

~Both~

     "I'm leaving to go fight Naraku by myself." You told Kaede, Shippo, and Rin as you quickly left the hut, as you ran you heard them yell your name.

     You ran and ran until your legs couldn't move, you were in unknown territory now. "What are you doing here? You are supposed to be with Kaede and both brats." Kikyo asked you as both she and her soul collectors circled you, you were currently siting on a broken log. "I'm going to fight Naraku!" You exclaimed determinedly, she just laughed at you.

     "In your current position, you'll never beat Naraku." She told you as she aimed her bow at you, you gasped when she let it fly. It struck something behind you and you felt light weight land onto your hand, you looked down. It was a jewel shard, there had been a demon behind you.

     "If you want to defeat Naraku, come with me, or would you rather be alone and pregnant?" Kikyo said as she turned and started walking away. You stood and quickly matched her pace. "I didn't think you would follow..." She whispered as she looked at you. "Appearances can be deceiving." You smirked at her and she sighed.

     "I guess we'll be temporarily allies.'' She told you while still walking. "Indeed we will.'' You answered while glancing at her, this was going to be a long ride.

~With The Others~

"Any interesting scents?" Miroku asked while sitting on a log, he panted lightly and looked at both dog demons. "Nope." Inuyasha sighed as he sniffed again. "We have to find him at some point." Sango said calmly as she sat next to Miroku.

"Indeed." Sesshomaru told them unemotionally as he walked towards a tree and sat down, he leaned against it and lightly sighed. He just had to be with Inuyasha's group.

Kage, Kirara, and Ah-Un were sitting next to each other under a shady tree, they shared tongues and talked in a language no one understood.

"Stop being so glum! The tension in the air is already making me uneasy so stop making me feel even more unease!" Kagome exclaimed cheerily as she plopped down next to Sango. Jaken had been weirdly silent and everyone was enjoying their peace.

     Sesshomaru and Inuyasha stopped relaxing and looked around, Naraku's scent was there. "Naraku! Show yourself!" Inuyasha shouted as he unsheathed Tetsusaiga, Sesshomaru unsheathed Tokijin. "I am not Naraku." A child-like voice whispered.

      "What do you want, Kanna?!" Sango and Miroku exclaimed as they stood and grabbed their weapons, Kagome aimed her bow at Kanna when she revealed herself.

     "I am not here to fight, I am here to inform." Kanna whispered as she let an image appear on her mirror. "It's (y/n)!" Inuyasha yelled as he sheathed Tetsusaiga and ran to the little girl.

     "And Kikyo!" Inuyasha exclaimed in a surprised tone. "What are they doing?" Kagome asked as she walked up next to Inuyasha, Sesshomaru was there also.

     "Only time will tell." Kanna whispered as she disappeared like she was never there. "I hope she's okay." Sango sighed as she put Hiraikotsu away. "Agreed." All of them said as they resumed their journey.