Chapter 8~ Jack

"Jack, can u talk to you in your office?" Ianto asks. I get up off the couch and walk over I my desk and lean on it facing Ianto.

"Are we really just going to let her stay here?" Ianto asks glancing over at Kelly

"Yes, I don't really know what else to do. She refuses to go home, and we can't send her to a hospital. The bites way to big to explain." I say "Plus she could be a good addition to our team. You know one that goes out and captures the aliens." We both look over and can see her through the glass, sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, I guess so." We look back at each other. "Are we going to stay here and watch her?"

"Well I was thinking once she falls asleep, then I would leave, hopefully get here before she wakes up. But you can get going if you'd like." I said slapping his arm lightly. I look down at my watch. 1:45. "Today has been one hell of a day. You should get some rest."

"Ok. You sure? I could always stay."

"Nah, it's fine. It shouldn't take long before she falls asleep. I'll head home after that." I say. We walk out of the office

"Well," Ianto says. I stop in the door frame and lean against it. He stops in front of the couch "I guess I'll be off. See you tomorrow, Jack, Kelly," He says nodding to both of us. He walks down the stairs and the door opens for him.

"Come early tomorrow so we can have some of your fantastic coffee." I yell at him and smile. He stops and smiles back before walking out.

"You said you were staying all night." Kelly says. I look back down at her

"I am."

"Then why did you tell Ianto you were going to leave?" She asks

"Oh, well I kinda live here."

"What!?" She says looking surprised

"Yeah, I don't have a place on my own, and I figured, I'm here half the night anyway so I figured why not." I walk over and sit back on the couch next to her.

"Wow. Where do you sleep?"

"In my office. There's basically a hole in the ground where my bed is. It's covered during the day so no one sees it."

"Nice, you must get lonely here though"

She says

"Yeah, well I'm used to it. Been this way for a while now." I say

"At least you have your crew, or whatever you call them." She says laughing a little bit. I chuckle

"Their my team. But their also my family."

"Do you have a family? You know outside of..." She starts to try and say it, but I think she's having a tough time remembering

"Torchwood?" I say

"Yeah Torchwood. You know wife, kids, parents, siblings?"

"I lost my family, a long time ago. I used to live in the  Boeshane Peninsula, beautiful place, but it was invaded by the most horrible creatures imaginable, and I lost them. After that my life has been a whole lot of traveling, but no matter where I go, I always lose someone." I say 

"I'm so sorry." Kelly says "Do you mind me asking where's the Boeshane Peninsula? I've never heard of it. And what do you mean by creatures? Were they not from this planet? How come I never heard of the invasion?" She looks really confused likes shes missing part of her memory. I screwed up, now I have to tell her about me being a time agent. 

"Boy, you ask a lot of questions, but yeah you wouldn't have heard of it. It hasn't exactly been created yet." I say 

"Excuse me?" She says raising her eyebrows "Hasn't been created?"

"Well, no. See I'm a little out of time. I'm from the 51st century. And by then the world knows about aliens, and different planets, and time travel, and everything supernatural." 

"Wow." she looks shocked "I don't even know about half the things you just said." she says smiling and letting out a little laugh. "Wait but if your from the 51st century. What year is that anyway?"

"Around the 5200's" I say 

"Wow, ok, then how did you get to the 21st?"

"That is a very long story." I say laughing

"We have the whole night" Kelly say smiling again.

"Well, in the Boeshane Peninsula I was a poster boy," I say pausing a little "I was the first one to be signed up for the Time Agency. They were so proud. In the Agency we used a vortex manipulator to travel through time and solve missions. I worked with a man called John Hart, my partner, who he just recently came back. But that's beside the point, I found out that the agency had stole 2 years of my life away. So I left, and haven't tried to find them since" Kelly looks a bit scared

"Oh my god! That's awful!  Why would they do that?" She asks. Her eyes light up like she is really interested in all this. 

"No clue. They took my memory." I say laughing a bit, trying to lighten the mood. This must be really hard for her "Ehemm," I clear my thought, "Sorry, I must be boring you with this story."

"No, it's really really interesting." She says  "Wait you said that, that vortex thing.."

"Manipulator" I cut her off saying. She smiles and laughs

"...Manipulator. It travels in time?"

"Yeah it does. It's kind of like a transport system, but along with different places it can travel to different time periods, and different planets. But enough about my life. Tell me about yours." I say. This is the first time I've really talked about this stuff all at once. I feel like I can trust Kelly, but I don't want her getting scared if I tell her everything i've been through. 

"Well, my life is far less exciting that yours! But yeah, I've had this awful foster mother all my life. My parents died just after I turned one in an accident and they never really found out what it was. But the child care people put me with her. She hated me since she got me, but couldn't give me back. and ever since that she's treated me like crap. Like I'm not even her "daughter"" Making air quotes when she says daughter. "And my brother, isn't really my brother. The foster people put him with us a year ago. He's only two years old, but she acts like she's just some teenager babysitting him for extra money. Which basically she is, except she is way older than a teenager. She makes me take care of him more than half of the time. I'd love to just leave her with him and give her a taste of her own medicine." She says smiling a little in a joking way.

"Well, in the morning I'll deal with her, and maybe get some revenge." I smile and she laughs. "But we should probably get some sleep. Stay off that shoulder." I say. I get up off the couch and she lays down, I go over to the lights and switch all except one, and go back to my office. I climb into my bed, and go to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, sorry, I feel like this day has been going on for a while now, but I wanted to get everything important into the first meeting and get both views on the different topics. End of the first day!! Let me know what you guys think (: