Chapter 10~ Jack

"May I ask why she was in here?" Owen says the second we walk in, not even taking time to sit down.

"Yeah, really Jack. She's can't be older than 14. What is she doing here?" Gwen adds. Gwen, Owen, and Tosh start off on their own debate about her. Finally everyone is seated.

"Can you all just calm down, and let me explain." I say. They all stop talking and look to me "Thank you. So last night after everyone left, Ianto and I got an alert saying there was a weevle attack in a park about 20 miles away. So we drove out there and found Kelly, who had managed to knock the weevle out completely, and she had gotten bit. So we drove her and the Weevle back here. we brought her in the medical area, but there wasn't much Ianto and I could do, but we did give her a couple pain killers and put her shoulder back in her socket."

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING!?" Owen yells. He pushes his chair back standing up. He walks over to me "You could have seriously hurt her! I've got to check her out. I should have known you two messed something up. Don't think I didn't see that blood bandage on her arm. She looked like she was is in serious pain. Why didn't you take her to a hospital?" Owen starts to walk out

"Owen, let me finish explaining. Please, just wait." Owen stops, He looks like he takes a deep breath, then turns back towards me, and sits back down. "Now then, where was I? Oh, right. We asked to take her to a hospital, but she refused, and said she was an orphan, and doesn't have a proper mother." I start to wonder if I should even mention the idea. "I was talking to her last night," I look over at Ianto and he looks a little confused, He doesn't know I stayed here all night and has no idea of what I'm about to suggest. "And she was telling me all about how awful her foster mother is, and I was thinking.... maybe we could adopt her." I say still very shaky about the idea

"WHAT!?" Everyone yells at once. And just like that everyone goes into a huge argument with each other. Some trying to talk to me.

"Hey, HEY!" I say quieting everyone down "It's just an idea, but we wouldn't have to support her. Like I said, she knocked out the weevle. I've never met a single human who could do that. She could work for us. Capture the aliens, and there giving us a hard time, knock them out."

"Jack, she's just a kid how can we put her at risk like that?" Tosh asks

"We can't put her life on the line just so she gets away from her foster mother. She wouldn't even have parents here, and I'm sure thats what she wants the most." Gwen says

"But that's the thing. She doesn't. She wants to move out on her own, get a job, but everyone thinks she's too young. We could hire her here. Give her what she wants." I say

"That what she thinks she wants. She may be thinking she's an adult now, but she's still a kid. She can't handle herself in the real world. She needs a mom and a dad." Gwen says

"What about a dad and a dad?" I say raising an eyebrow

"I'm sorry?" Ianto says sounding very surprised.

"Well, just think about it. No one else here is with anyone, except Gwen and Rhys, and I'm sure they don't want a kid to look after. We could do it." I say. I'm actually really excited about this. Kelly is really nice, and feels like a daughter, but I'm not sure Ianto feels the same way. "Plus during the day she would have all of you here too. If she needed a girl advice for, I don't know, girl things, she could come to you guys." I see Gwen and Tosh smile a little bit, but I can tell there not fully on board.

"I don't know Jack, it seems like a lot of responsibility." Tosh says

"Plus, I don't think any of is even have the slightest clue how to take care of a kid." Owen finally says to me.

"That's the thing. She said she's taken care of herself all these years, so she wouldn't be dependent on us like a regular kid. She'd be like a part of our team." I'm trying to convince them that having her here would be a good idea. She may just be a girl, but she could be useful. 

"KELLY, OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR!" I hear a woman shout from what seems to be the intercom.

"I DON'T KNOW HOW!" I hear Kelly scream back. I'm guessing it's her foster mother. I start for the door, everyone gets up, but Ianto stays behind. 

"WELL THAN FIGURE IT OUT!" I hear the woman scream again.

"Can we please talk this adoption thing over before we make any rash decisions?" Ianto wispers to me. I nod my head yes and we walk out and over to the door.

"She's here." Kelly says. We press the button and the door rolls open. 

"Yeah we heard," Owen says. The lady, about 5'2" walks in. She has dark hair, and its a bit plump. She looks quite furious.

"KELLY! I TOLD YOU NOT TO MISS YOUR CURFEW, AND WHAT DO YOU DO? STAY OUT ALL NIGHT!" She storms right past all of us, like we're not even there. Kelly looks like she's flinching as she screams. "You have no idea the hell you put me through. I thought you'd run off, or went to the cops." She goes right up to Kelly and slaps her across the face.

 "WOAH, WOAH." Owen and Gwen yell, they run up the stairs, followed by me, then Ianto, and then Tosh. Kelly falls to the ground, and grabs her head with both hands.

"Jesus Christ woman, what was that for?" Owen says running in between her and Kelly.

"She stayed out all night, and deserves to be punished." She says. Gwen goes over to Kelly and helps her up.

"Well, I know some one else who should be punished," Owen says looking like he's getting ready to throw a punch.

"Woah, hey," I say grabbing Owen's arms before he can do anything. "Come on," I say looking Owen straight in the eye. "Let check out Kelly's situation." I take Owen, Gwen takes Kelly, and Ianto and Tosh guide her step mom into the medical area.