Chapter 15

"About time young lady." Mrs. Josephine, my biology teacher said as I handed her my poster on a marine food web.

I rolled my eyes and replied, "yeah, well I've had a lot to deal with." I shove the poster in her hand and go take my seat. I put my bag on the floor and take out my binder with papers overflowing. I open it up and couple of past tests with "not so hot" grades spill over the edge of my desk. I let out a deep sigh and bend to pick them up when I find a guy with short brown hair knelt down on the ground already picking them up. 

"Thanks." I say and can feel my face turning a bright red. I tuck my hair behind my ear, as a nervous habit, but then let it fall again hoping it will cover some of my face.

"No problem," he says and flashes the biggest grin I've ever seen across his face. I smile shyly back at him as he hands back my papers, and again I'm blushing like an idiot seeing him look at the bug red 63 circled at the top of my paper. He just looks up and smiles again taking the seat next to me, I don't know how I never noticed him before in my class, maybe I should show up once in a while, I think in my head. My absences have been out of control and I missed about half the year. Luckily everyone helps me out when their not on missions. Tosh is a science genius, Gwen is great with English, surprisingly Owen and Jack are great with history and geography and Ianto is amazing at math. i could basically have a school at home, if Jack would let me. But he thinks I need the "experience" of graduating a real high school. 

"Kelly..." Mrs. Joshaphine says breaking me of my thoughts. I look around the room and everyone is staring at me. I see the guy who picked up my papers laughing a little.

"yeah?" I ask completely unaware of what was happening

"Do you know the answer?" She asks looking really annoyed

"Not really." I say still no idea what she even asked

"Well, Kelly please see me after class." She says looking really mad now. The people laughing now join together in a "ooooohhhh" and I just roll my eyes pick up my pen and start to write the notes down.

-----------------------------

The bell pierces through the school and I close my binder and start to walk out of the class room when Mrs. J calls my name. I stop and spin around walking back to her desk. 

"Do you have the homework from last night?" She asks with her arms crossed across her chest.

"Uh no I wasn't here yesterday," I say guessing she's probably going to give it to me piling on more than I already had. Her class was the last of my day and all I wanted to do was go back to the hub and relax. I also missed a lot of this class because someone would call me before the day was over and I would be needed for a mission.

"Well here it is," she says handing it to me, shocker  "and also I noticed your doing very poorly in my class. Maybe you would consider getting a tutor, maybe they can accommodate to your schedule."

"Yeah, well I'm very busy and I doubt they could unless they want to be up tutoring at 11 o' clock at night."

"I could do it." The same guy from before says coming up behind me. I turn around looking really shocked and again, pretty sure I was as red as a tomato. "Here's my homework, I forgot to hand it in in the beginning of class."

"Yes!" she says way too enthusiastically "You could have Micheal tutor you! He is an excellent student, highest average in the class in fact." He flashes that big grin again looking from Mrs. J right to me, making eye contact. It's so sudden I take a minute to actually form a sentence.

"Yeah, no" I say finally "You don't want to tutor me. I know absolutely nothing about this class." 

"That's what a tutors for." He says. He's standing almost uncomfortably close still not breaking the eye contact. "Plus I like a challenge." He says so confidently I swear he's done it a million times.