Chapter 9~ Kelly

I wake up to bright flashing red lights. I snap my eyes open and see the huge metal wheel roll to the side, and I see a woman with dark black hair, dressed in jeans, a red shirt and leather jacket come through. 

"Anyone in?" She says starting up the stairs. I sit up and stretch out my back and arms. My shoulder is still a little sore, but hurts much less than it did yesterday. My head still has a pounding headache.

"Yeah, me and Ianto are here." Jack says, they come out of Jack's office holding cups of coffee.

"Um, Jack." The woman says stopping in front of me. "You do realize there is a kid on the couch."

"Oh, yeah. I have to tell everyone about that, but wait till everyone gets here. This Kelly Ryan. Kelly, this is Gwen. Gwen Cooper." Jack says looking over at me then to her.

"Nice to meet you." I say getting up. My shoulder hurts so I hold onto it and shake her hand.

"You too." She says smiling.

"You want some coffee? Ianto makes the best coffee." Jack says to me

"I'd love some. Thanks." I say, maybe the caffeine will help my headache.

"Oh, and I called your foster mother, she should be over here soon."

"You what?!" I kind of yell, which I then regret doing. It really hurts my head to talk above a whisper. "You don't know what your getting into." I say

"I can handle a middle-aged woman." He says starting down the stairs. The meal door opens again and another woman walks in. She has short dark hair, and has skinny jeans and a nice purple top with a necklace on. 

"Good morning everybody!" She says in a very cheerful voice.

"Looks like somebody had a good night." Jack says passing her on the stairs

"Yeah, I guess you could say I did." She says making her way up. Shortly after the door opens again and a man, wearing a leather jacket comes in. 

"Mornin'" He says to Jack. Then Gwen, then the other woman, than Ianto. "Don't know this one." he says when he finally looks at me.

"Right, everyone this is Kelly Ryan. We had sort an incidence last night with a weevle. Kelly, that is Owen," He says pointing to the man in the leather jacket. "And that this Tosh." pointing to the woman in the purple top. "Here's your coffee." He hands me the mug

"Thanks." I say taking a little sip. I feel a little awkward now. Now 3 more adults, who I have no idea who they are just walked in and they are all just standing here.

"Everyone to the conference room, except Kelly. There is few matters we need to discuss." Jack says and they all start to leave me sitting on the couch. I can't really think of what they need to talk about, but since it's not including me, it's probably bad. I stand up and put my coffee on a desk. I'm still wearing the same clothes I was yesterday, My sleeve is ripped, The bandage on my forearm is almost completely soaked in blood, and my jeans covered in dirt and leaves. I must look like a complete idiot to all of them. I look over at them all turning the corner into the confrere room. Ianto is the last one in. Before he goes, he looks back, smiles and mouths the words  'It's all going to be fine'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter, but to make it up I'm going to post a longer one on Thursday to celebrate Thanksgiving plus my usual one on Sunday!! (: Anyone see the Day of the Doctor? I LOVED it! I thought it was so funny and a great way to celebrate 50 great years of Doctor Who! Plus there were so many references to old doctors, and to twelve, I'm not ashamed to say I freaked a bit :)