Chapter 12~ Jack

"WHAT!?!?" Everyone yells at once. I know I walked into something I can't handle as soon as it came out I my mouth, but I didn't know what else to say. I was rambling on and by the end of it I said it without thinking. I didn't think I would actually suggest it to her.

"Who do you think you are talking to me like that..." Her foster mother starts, but all the sudden everyone's voices join together and I can't focus on anyone. Now I'm in the center of the circle with everyone yelling, Ianto touches my shoulder, but I don't hear what he's saying.

I look up and see Kelly still in front of the medical center now with a huge smile on her face, likes she's proud. Then I see a year fall down her face but she wipes it away quickly Some how I have to get through this.

"I can't hear a word anyone is saying." I say breaking out of the circle and waking over to Kelly. She's still holding a towel over her wound and the blood is bleeding through. "If anyone cares, Kelly is still hurt, and I'd really appreciate if you all just shut up." Everyone stops talking for a second.

"Right," Owen says walking over an past us stopping before me. "but were talking about this after." I nod and he continues waking down the stairs. I move my hand signaling for Kelly to continue after him, and then I follow her.

"Jack," Ianto says right after me. He follows me down the stairs. Once we settle back in, now Gwen on the stairs and Tosh and Kelly's foster mother up at the top. "What the hell was that?" He says putting his hands underneath his suit jacket and on his hips.

"I just..." I pause. I really don't even know what or why. I just said it. "Can we talk about this later?" I ask

"Later? Jack I don't know if you noticed, but this can't be dealed with later. You can't just decide this on your own." Ianto says.

"Can we talk about this somewhere else?" I say. I don't want Kelly having to hear Ianto and I arguing about this. She has had enough to deal with. Ianto nods, but doesn't move. He just turns to face Kelly.

"Okay," Owen says, "This may hurt, so I'm going I give you some pain killers."

Then Owen gives her a shot and then gets out the things for her stitches. "You guys really don't need to watch this." Owen says looking around. "You can go out and talk.." he starts trailing off.

"Yeah, I have a few words to say to you trench coat." The foster mother says pointing at me. I still haven't learned her name. Ianto starts up the stairs and I follow him. We get out of the medical center and she starts screaming.

"Why the hell would you even want to adopt a tramp like that." She starts in a really loud voice. I'm pretty sure Kelly can hear.

"I figure that anyone can be a better parent than you so why can't I do it." I say

"I could think of a lot reasons," Ianto says under his breath.

"Really?" I say turning to face him. "What reasons can you think of?"

"Maybe because of this job, I thought you weren't going to say anything yet." He says

"I don't know, I just said it. There's no turning back now." I say. Ianto sighs then continues on.

"Plus the fact you'd be raising her alone..."

"I'd have you remember." I say cutting him off  "And everyone else could help take care of her."

"Yeah, but there's so much more to think about. This is just a big decision, Jack. Just because your the boss doesn't mean you can decide something like this."

"And she's still so young, what 13?" Gwen asks

"14." I say

"She's got her life ahead of her. She doesn't need to be trapped in this job. Plus it wouldn't be worth it to risk her life. " Gwen says

"Her life!?!" The foster mother says yelling a bit. "What the hell do you mean?"

"None of you business." Me and Gwen say in unison in a louder voice.

"Where else is she going to go?" I say back in a normal voice. "She said that people don't take her seriously when she try's to get a job and support herself. She could have one here. Plus she's really talented we could use her."

"She's tried to get a job? And what do mean by use perv." Her foster mother asks sounding annoyed. Gwen, Tosh, Ianto and I made a circle, and she's sort of on the outside trying to get in.

"Maybe if you opened your eyes and payed attention to her you would have noticed. And this conversation is none of you concern" I say

"Yeah it is mate, and I don't need you telling me how to raise this kid." She says back putting her hands on her hips. I turn away from the group to face her.

"Apparently you do. She's told me all about you and how you treat her, and threaten her. You have no right to still have her."

"The little bitch ratted me out!?" She says raising her voice.

"And it's about time. Fourteen years is enough."

"And why would I give her to you?"

"What so now you want her again." Everyone now has backed and there whispering to each other.

"It'd be better than her coming here. Plus the adoption agency wouldn't even let you have her, knowing what you do. Aliens." She says smirking. "This place is messed up."

"Well not just me. But they won't find out what we do." I say grabbing Ianto's shoulder and bringing him forward. "Plus who wouldn't give a kid to two gay guys?" I say rising my eyebrow.

"You two?" she says laughing. "This is some kind of joke. This isn't real. Is this the skanks way of getting me back? She's is going to get it."

"Oh this is one hundred percent real. And were going to have you arrested for child abuse." I say

"You have no proof."

"Kelly's not enough?" I say. After that she stops talking. She turns away, and then says in a quieter voice

"Please. I don't want to go to jail."

"You deserve it." I say

"Jack," Tosh says grabbing my shoulder turning me around. "Don't you think that that's enough. Lets just adopt Kelly and let her go."

"Why should I. She shouldn't get way with this. More orphans are going to be given to her and she's just going to rest them all like crap."

"And your serious about this?" Gwen asks looking concerned. "Are we going to giver her the amnesia pill?"

"We have to don't we?" Tosh asks

"Yeah, we do. We'll just have a lot of explaining to do." I say. Ianto leaves to go get the pill. Gwen and Tosh look at each other really concerned. "Hey, we'll figure it out." I say

"Let's hope so." Gwen says

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey I'm so sorry I haven't posted in such a long time! Things have been hectic with school work, and everyone trying to cram everything in before the break.

I promise to have a new chapter really soon!

Love ya<33