Chapter 32

A/NDid you know that you can vote for WATA to win a People's Choice award?

All you have to do to vote for it is tweet this: We are the Answer http://my.w.tt/UiNb/3YgRhsiCtu #MyWattysChoice

(We are the Answer + a link to the blurb + #MyWattysChoice)

The voting is only on August 1.

PS: Chapter dedicated to @phoebeliciou. Thank you for supporting my work!  

*****

Each step brought us closer to my bedroom and closer to privacy.

My mate seemed perfectly composed while my senses heightened. I could smell the sweet, alluring scent of his skin as we walked side by side, I could feel a light electric current when our hands brushed as he passed by me and entered my room.

I closed the door behind us and that was it: we were alone.

"You have a lot of books," he noted to break the silence that had fallen.

"I enjoy reading," was my brief reply.

Riley moved to a shelf and picked one of the framed pictures.

"Is that you and Keri?" He asked and I approached to take a closer look. A smile bloomed on my face as I saw the two of us hugging and grinning at the camera - just a couple of kids. We were so young that there were gaps in Keri's mouth - she didn't have all of her teeth yet - and I lacked the scars that were dragged over my face and neck.

"Yeah, that's us. We'd just won a race where you had to run along with a partner. If you look close... Right here," I took the object from him and pointed at the right edge, "you can see Anthony in the background."

Riley leaned down and narrowed his eyes at the old photograph.

"He doesn't look very happy."

I chuckled and put the photo back in its place.

"That's because he wanted to be the one to run with Keri."

"He loves her very much, doesn't he?"

"I told you," I cupped his face and caressed his jaw with my thumb, "we are very big on family around here."

He leaned into my hand and closed his eyes, his sigh coming out as a light moan. My body immediately stiffened and I filled my lungs with air in order to compose myself. It had the opposite effect as I inhaled more of his aroma that way.

"Riley..." I slowed hard as he opened his eyes and looked up at me through his eyelashes. "You remember I want to take this slowly, right? For things to progress naturally... We aren't going to make love tonight."

His eyes widened and he suppressed a chuckle at my choice of words. My cheeks reddened and my eyes fixed on his bottom lip as he chewed on it.

"I know," he said and turned away.

"We should probably get some sleep," I suggested after clearing my throat.

"Yeah." He nodded and began to undress.

It was my turn to swirl around and give him so privacy.

"One of those pairs of pajama bottoms is for you," I told him as I took off my t-shirt and reached for my own pair. "It's an old one, but nothing I wear now will fit you."

I didn't want him to put on by brothers' clothes even though Carters and perhaps some of Kennedy's lose sport shorts would fit him.

Riley was my mate. I wanted him to wear my pajamas.