Chapter 46

A/N: As expected, the battle for the Christmas extra was waged between the Alec/Riley one-shot and the interview with Kennedy. The winner is...

 The winner is

You get to read Alec/Riley one-shot on Sunday, December 25.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO VOTED!

The extra you voted for didn't win?

No worries! I'll just write it next year.

Enjoy the new chapter! ^_^

*****

The smile was already on my lips when I woke up with my arms wrapped around Riley.

"Good morning," I murmured into my mate's ear and kissed his nape. He turned around to face me, mirroring my expression.

"A very good morning, following a very, very good night." He leaned a warm cheek against my bare chest, my skin tingling at the contact.

I sighed, knowing I had to part with his pleasant warmth.

"What's wrong?" Riley tilted his head up so he could look into my eyes.

"I have to get up to supervise the morning exercises for the youngsters. I'll only be gone about fifty minutes to an hour; the workout is short because the kids have to get ready for school."

"What's the problem?" He sounded confused.

"I don't want to leave you on your own," I replied, my thumb gently sliding up and down his jaw.

"Why don't I come with you?" He offered. "If it's not against the Bullets' rules."

I laughed.

"Of course not; after all, at some point you will be moving in with me. But wouldn't you rather sleep a little longer?"

"Nope." He shook his head and lifted his torso to peck me on the lips. "I'd rather be with you."

Delight spilled throughout my body.

"Let's go then!"

We made quick work of putting our clothes on even though I was distracted by each and every move my mate made. The way he bent down to pick up his shirt, giving me a wonderful view of his behind; the way his fingers moved swiftly over the buttons, making me imagine them moving over my body; the way his hand paused over his crotch for a second while he was fumbling with his zipper...

Watching him dress stirred a desire in me, a desire to bring him back to my bed and undress him.

I'd never been so eager to get the morning workout done and over with.

It won't be fair to the kids if I rush them though, I thought as we made our way down the stairs and out the front door. And this is a good opportunity for Riley to get to know the pack and for them to get to know him.