Girls play games, but boys always seem to win

♡Tiffany's POV

We are walking up the mountain, Noah and l are the first two in the row, Sophie and Ethan are behind us and then Zoe and Dan.

"You seem very motivated today, Barbie doll." Noah says and l keep my eyes on the muddy 'road' in front of us. I decided to play with him by not talking or answering for some time, l know it's wrong but l'm dying to see his reaction and honestly, l enjoy being the one who makes jokes instead of always being a victim.
He nods understanding the game and l chuckle soundlessly.

"So Tiffany. Tell us about your life."
Sophie surprises me with her question.

I groan. "Seriously, S?" I raise my eyebrows and turn around to face her.
"Yeah, why not?" Zoe smiles and l give them a long painful glare.

I moan. "Fine. What do you guys wanna know?" I say pissed and they chuckle in surprise that l actually accepted to share my past with people l met a few days ago.

"I don't know. Like... something about your friends and school." Sophie answers curiously.

"Well, if this was Pretty Little Liars, l would play Alison DiLaurentis. I'm the one who is invited to every party. I'm that girl who has lots of haters and even more fans. My parents made me go to this camp... l mean they literally dragged me to the bus" Noah looks at me and the picture of him making fun of me in front of bus snaps in my head. "And l do whatever it takes to get what l want." I didn't mention any details, l don't know why. I guess l'm not proud of my life style anymore, once l learned how to enjoy the nature and find happiness in little things such as someone's smile.

They take a minute to process my honest words and most of them nod in approval.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Zoe suddenly speaks and in the corner of my eye l see Noah slightly interested but trying to hide that fact by keeping his eyes on the road.

"No, l don't." I say loud enough so Noah can hear it with no doubt.

I notice a little, almost invisible smile in the corner of his mouth but we say nothing, letting the words float in the air.

***

An hour later we are on the top of the mountain or hill, whatever you call it. My legs are killing me but l try to enjoy the wind in my long hair and smell of the grass. If someone told me that l would be here enjoying a dirty mountain a week ago, l would laugh at them. But here l am. And l can't be more happy about it. I close my eyes and slowly raise my arms letting the fresh air fan my face and body. Campers are probably staring at me but l couldn't care less. In this moment there is no Monika, no Noah, and no Sophie. In this moment l am all alone with my thoughts and lt feels so nice.

I open my eyes again and the view takes my breath away. I am standing on a cliff and in front of me l notice dark orange hills and beautiful clean blue river making a contrast to the ground and yellow-orange sky which is given that gorgeous color from the sunset.

My eyes fill with tears as l think of my friends who are waiting for me at home but l quickly clean them. Noah approaches me and wraps his hand around my waist.

"God. It's so-" he starts but l'm faster.

"-beautiful." I nod and take a deep breath. "I know." I finish and he smiles oh so perfectly.

***

"Those puppy eyes won't work on me, Tiff."

"Come on Ethan! I just need that pill for sleep!"

"Tiffany." He clears his throat "NO".

"Fuck you." I say sarcastically and he puts his hand around my shoulders gently, so his fingers fall freely on my left shoulder.