The games of survival: Dream team

♡Tiffany's POV

I never, ever in my life imagined that l would be standing in front of a polygon waiting to cover myself in mud just to get a hot shower. I also never imagined that a gorgeous guy would hold my hand before it's my turn to run. Noah and Sophie already did their job and Ethan is now running towards us.

"Listen to me. First you climb the ladders." Noah whispers in my ear and l feel so small against his tall strong body when he stands behind me. I nod.

"Next. See the water right there?" He points at muddy water next to the ladders.

"When you climb the ladders you jump in it." He explains simply.

"Ew. No way!" I yell and Noah narrows his eyes at me.

"Fine. What's next?" I ask, deeply thinking about my moves.

"Get out of the water and find a black rock in the mud. Then bring it to Sophie and you are done."

Mud? I need to dive in the mud? Ugh why, just why?

"Think you can do that?" He says clearly worried.

"Hopefully." I answer quickly and in that moment Ethan runs to me which means it's my turn.

Ethan slaps my hand, so that l can start running. Noah welcomes him with a big hug next to me and he hugs him back breathlessly. If it was hard for strong Ethan, how will l make it?

My legs start moving quickly and my body follows the rhythmic steps as l run to the ladders. I feel wind in my hair and it relaxes me. I need to be faster that the other kid who is already climbing the ladders next to me.

I wrap my hand around one piece of wood on the ladders and my foot does the same. I start climbing but it gets harder with every step l take. Jeez, l really should have listened to our PE teacher more often.

I take a deep breath and in a few seconds l find myself on the wooden platform which is pretty high from the ground. I take a moment to look at my rival who is still struggling with the ladders. That means l was faster than a fourteen year old boy. Way to go, Tiffany!

I need to jump in the water now. But it's so high and scary! Come on, you can't let your friends down now.

I count to three and cold wind slaps my face as my legs leave the ground and after a few moments of flying l'm in the deep water.

I feel cold dirty water around me and l'm too scared to open my eyes, so instead l just swim to the coast.

I survived all of that and l'm pretty proud of myself, considering that two weeks ago l wasn't capable of walking to school. Okay l was, but l'm just too lazy.

Okay, okay, focus!

Oh shit. It's the last one where l have to find that bloody rock in the sea of mud.

Feeling of disgust travels my body but l bite my lip and sigh. I can do this.

I quickly put my leg in the mud and then the other one. I start walking trough the mud with my hands shoved deep into it. After a few meters mud becomes deeper reaching my shorts. I take a deep breath moving on and just when l realize that the boy next to me found his rock, l feel something under my palm.

I pull the middle-sized black rock out and a smile crosses my face.

The boy is already out of the mud and l need to hurry. I'm stepping out of this mess and l can't be more happy about it. Sophie is waiting for me with a big smile and a proud look. I give her the rock a few seconds before that boy gives his to some other girl.