I'll be there when everyone else forget

♡Tiffany's POV

"Hello?" Noah says clearly pissed, answering the call.

"Mum?" He says confused.

His eyes widen in frustration and he starts shaking. My heart breaks a little realizing this is serious.

"Shh, mum. Mum! Spot crying, please. No. Yeah, of course not." He takes a deep breath and bites his lip as his eyes fill with tears, but he closes them immediately to hide that fact.

"Mum. He's strong, he'll be fine, don't worry. Tell Jake and Lea l said hi. Okay. Just stop crying, he'll make it, don't worry. I'll be back soon. I love you." He closes his eyes once again. "I know mum. Sorry, l gotta go."

He blushes "Okay mom, stop it!" He smirks at something she said and finishes the conversation pressing the red button.

He quickly pulls head in palms and l come closer to him gently rubbing his shirt with my thumb.

"Hey..." l whisper and he takes a deep breath.

"Sorry Tiffany, just..." his sentence is left unfinished.

"I understand." I nod even if he can't see me, and put my head on his strong shoulder. I can't help but wonder if he really likes me or l'm just another achievement in his life. I know it's very selfish for me to think about that in this moment, but l can't fight my own thoughts.

We lay on the ground hugged, his arm on my stomach and mine on his back, our legs crossed and my head resting on his strong chest, gently moving every time he takes a deep breath.

***

The last thing l remember was watching him sleep, so l probably did the same a few minutes later.

I open my eyes realizing Noah and l are still hugged and l pull away from his touch carefully, trying not to wake him up. Good thing about this spot is that no one else knows about it except the two of us.

I stand up checking if there is any bug on me, but luckily, l'm clean.
Noah opens his eyes and a small smile draws on his lips when he sees me.

"Morning, Barbie." He chuckles.

"Hey." I smile at him politely sitting next to his lying body "You okay?" I say and release a breath l didn't even know l was holding.

I didn't even realize how aware l am of his presence, til now.

"Yeah." He nods. Is he going to tell me what's wrong or l'll just have to guess?

"My dad is sick again. It's pretty serious this time." He grins at me but all l can do is put on a concerned face "Oh, and my mom is freaking out, twins are probably, too." I nod at him sadly and he straights up in a sitting position. I have so many question that l have to keep for myself until he gets better. "It's gonna be okay, you know that?" I sigh and take his hand in mine as he plays with my fingers.

***

"Hey, Ethan."
Noah's best friend smiles at me and Noah, standing by his and Dan's tent.

I give Noah my 'do we tell him?' look and he shakes his head in disapproval. I don't know if l asked about our almost-kiss or the phone call, but either way, l'm glad he said no.

Then the pure evil got a shape of the stunning tall red haired girl.
Sound of Monika's rhythmic elegant steps is getting louder with each step she takes, telling me that she is coming in our way.

"Can we help you?" My voice sounds bitchy and fake kind. Perfect.

"Actually, yes, you can." I raise my left eyebrow and cross arms on my chest.