Come a little closer this time

♡Tiffany's POV

It's funny how you always seem to want the only thing that we don't have. If they offer you a bunch of food and say that there is one dish missing you would immediately want that one. That's what is happening to me my whole life, nothing l have seems good enough and l always push myself to try harder until l get exactly what l wanted and If that means going trough the hell - let it be.

"Good morning, Tiff." Ethan wakes me up and l take a deep breath before changing my white elegant but hot pajamas and coming out of my tent.

I frown and he smirks at my lifeless face. Can l at least get some rest? Just to let me sleep one freaking morning. Is that too much to ask for?
And l forgot to mention that my problem with sleep still hunts me at night.

Sophie and Zoe squeak and start jumping happily.

Zoe grabs my hand and pulls me to some huge tree, followed by our blond friend.

"Well good morning to you too." I say slightly pissed off but at the same time really interested in whatever gossip l'm about to hear.

"Sophie wants to tell you something." Zoe's eyes widen getting that sparkle she always has when she's excited.
She pulls poor Sophie in front of me and she groans taking a deep breath like she's going to tell me something important.

"So?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Ethan and l ..." Sophie starts. Boy, this is gonna be good. I nod at her encouraging her to continue. "Well, we talked yesterday about some-" Sophie starts explaining like she's teaching me astrophysics but impatient Zoe interrupts her "They kissed!" I can't help but smile and give Sophie a big hug as she blushes.

"That's awesome S! I'm so happy for you!"

They both chuckle and we just continue talking for about fifteen minutes but the only thing that crosses my mind is Noah. It's driving me crazy, l can't fully concentrate on anything girls talk about, the picture of him leaving last night always seems to be in the corner of mind and l can't make it go away no matter how hard l try. He has too much effect on me and that's not okay.

I know he is mad at me for being immature and reckless last night but that doesn't mean he has to run away. After all, l did apologize and l think he's being way too dramatic about the situation.

"Tiffany?" Sophie cuts my thoughts. "He will be fine." She nods. H-how did she know l was thinking about him? Is it that obvious? God, this is so embarrassing!

"I... l didn't...." l start struggling with explanation.

"Shut up girl. I know you too well." Sophie smirks and l just give her a long 'Just-shut-up-already' glare.

She chuckles as we make our way back to the camp fire for breakfast.

Mrs. Smith gives me a plate full of... wait is that a fish? Ew.

I don't even bother trying to eat that mess people call food, instead l just go to our small grey tent and sit there by myself til the end of the breakfast. I'm thinking about my school friends and realize they are not as great as l thought, l wonder if they only liked me because of my popularity. A picture of Victoria rolling her eyes at something our teacher said appeared in my head and a small tear falls down my cheek as l smile and remember that funny but yet so nostalgic memory of my bestie.

It's been a week since l got here and, even if l sometimes wonder how the hell did l get here, l can say lt's really not that bad as l thought- not that l like it here, l mean teenagers are still pretty weird and lame, but it's not as boring as l imagined it.