16

Niall

"Uh do i have to make the decision now?" The officer nodded. I just looked at Kaiden I turn 20 in a few weeks. im not a kid anymore. It's just Zayn i worry about.

"i uh, yeah, sure." i scratched my head. And smiled. Ill send you the adress for paper work.

"Thanks Niall, i really didnt want him leaving a place he's comfortable with." i nodded replying and closing the door.

"Well he's our responsibilty now." i said to Zayn. "Are you serious?!" Zayn jumped in excitement. running to hug me. "ill take care of him i promise Ni," he kissed me. He better kep his word because ill hate to take Kai to the orphanage.

Zayn and I layed on the couch together as he kissed him. we stopped when Kaiden Layed on top of me. I could feel his ribs as he lay ontop of me which made my smile flatten.

"Zayn can you go get his protein shake." i asked. he nodded getting up.

"here babe drink this." Zayn handed to kaiden who nodded and sat up drinking it.

"thanks ." he smiled continuing drinking it. I looked at Zayn who smiled and nodded.

"i cold." he whispered I wrapped the blanket around his entire body hugging onto him i put his drink on the coffe table and hugged him tightly as he hummed as if he was falling asleep. I was cuddled into Zayn. "I asked for his shake because icould feel his ribs while he lay on me. maybe we should take him to the doctors tomorrow?" I aske Zayn.

"Yeah, im a little worried about him babe, lets Just get him to bed yeah?" i nodded carrying him to the bed then going into ours. I was staring at the ceiling thinking of my newly adopted son who gotten abused at his own house.

"He'll be fine babe okay." Zayn kissed my cheek. I didnt say anything I just shook my head turning away.

It was in the middle of the night when Zayn woke me up because Kaiden was Throwing Up, i told Zayn Ill comfort him while he went back asleep. I rubbed his back telling him he will be okay.

"Daddy I scared." he cried over the toilet I sat next to him and looked at him.

"Baby look youll be okay I promise Papa and I will take good care of you." i hugged him. He didnt throw up anymore So we brushed his teeth and Headed to Zayns and I Bed. I got the bucket on the side of the bed just incase it happens again. I put Him between me and Zayn and turned on our tv for him to watch.

..

I carried Kaiden into the doctors office as we waited in the waiting room.

"The Maliks." The doctor said reading a clip board.

Zayn and I got up following the doctor to the back.

"Ok im Dr.Wills and Ill be taking care of you guys today what seems to be the problem?"

"Kaiden." I pointed to our son."Was throwing up really bad and he's really thin. He only eats a little and claims he's full.." I sat in the chair as the doctor began to listen to his heart beat. he jut nodded his head Laying Kaiden down on the service chair with paper.

"Do you mind if we do an exam on him. When I press his Stomach he seems to flinch and a child would usually laugh not flitch in pain."

I nodded and Looked at Zayn watcing him agreed

Its been a while since The doctor had Kaiden. When they arrived i was so fucking happy.

"Sooo...." Zayn said as the doctor tooka while to say something.

"Uh well he's very sick."

"Sick what do you mean by sick?" the doctor cuched .

"Stomach cancer." He said. Zayn's face softend with sadness looking at kaiden.

"W'what...is it a cure or something we can do to prevent it from being worse." Zayn said picking him up.

"Actually yes, force him to eat, Stomach cancer makes him say he's full when he really isnt. Now the tumor is small which i sugest you get surgery on right away and he'll be fine. I will suggest Dr. Ronald Candina, He's a surgeon for children ya know, He so good and since kaiden likes really young he'll give a discount."

That bought warmth to my heart. That meant he'll be okay. I would wonder why he would say he's full and barely at sometimes.

Zayn just nodded thanking the doctor.

He picked up Kai as we walked out of doctors office waiting for our next appointment date.

"Next appointment is in 2 weeks see you soon.."

I thanked her leaving the office.

Zayn asked me to drop him off work.

Which I did. Kai and I Went home while I cooked breakfast. He sat at the table banging his small hands to the table for no reason. I laughed as I bought the plate to him.