6 : Drunk with drugs ?

~~ Diego's POV ~~

It hurts me to see Delilah like this, she's like the younger version of  me. But obviously, how can that be? A valedictorian can't be helpless like she was, could she? Nevertheless, I felt proud to at least find her a place to stay.

So I lent her my shoulder because no one lent their's.

And I helped her, in ways her father never did.

But helping someone doesn't make you less richer, but happier because you have done something to see a person smile again, and with Delilah, I was lucky to see her smile.

So, I went the next day and knocked on her door in the afternoon, after her library shift. I smiled when I saw Saru all ready for our little outing.

"Ready?"

She nodded in reply. "Yep!" She seemed very enthusiastic that day. So I went to the gate and whistled for the rickshaw. Then we both got in and sped away to the mall. It was a simple mall so we can grab some mattresses and pillows - whatever she needed.

She gasped at the sight of colored pillows at the living section and grabbed a couple of linen ones. Honestly, I really didn't understand girls and their pillows.

"This colour is amazing!" She said as she grabbed one.

And another.

AND ANOTHER!

"Can't leave this behind!" She said as she grabbed a neon yellow one. Do girls get this excited to see throw pillows?

I chuckled as I saw her fumble with the plastic bags after she had paid for them. Her librarian money at least come in handy. "Shall I help you?" I asked.

She sighed and dumped the bags on the pavement floor. "Thought you'd never ask."

"Let's go to the market."

She nodded in reply and I whistled for a rickshaw to pick us up. The market we headed to was the cheapest and the best in the area. I always buy my groceries here and I'm really happy to take Saru along with me this time.

Even she admired the colourful and savory aroma of the place.

I heard her sighing in exhaustion and I headed over to my usual drink stall. Saru turned her head to question me but I just ignored her and went along to order.

"The usual for me and a..." I hesitated. "A water for her."

After taking in the atmosphere of the loud market, the salesman placed our drinks on the table. "Here's your special, sir, and the bottle for the lady."

The use of words startled Saru as she continued staring at me. "Why do you drink a special at midday ?"

I couldn't think of an excuse for her. "It's... It's a specially blessed drink for me, not for you." Just as I was about to take a sip, she grabbed the tumbler from me almost spilling the drink. I just stood there in awe as she said her prayers and downed the whole drink.

What I didn't mention was that it was laced with marijuana and brandy.

***