10: Disappeared

~~Diego's POV ~~

I wanted to punch him so bad till he bled out on the floor in front of his parents. He's such a sickening, terrible, heartless, selfish person. I could've punched him, even Delilah persuaded me to, but I couldn't. I wanted to wait. Maybe, they could just apologize and the wedding would go on like normal like no drama had ever happened. That's what I thought.

I ran in front of Delilah and opened the car door for her, keeping my head down. I should've punched him. Saru's face was red with anger as she stormed to me and shut the car door. As I stepped a step backwards as she took a step closer.

"You should have punched him."

I know.

"You should have punched him. Why didn't you?" She pushed my chest backwards.

"You should've punched him! You should've punched him! You should've punched him! You should've punched him! You should've punched him! You should've punched him! You should've punched him!" 

She repeated as she pushed me hard many times till it actually hurt. I stayed put.

"Why didn't you?" She choked. I looked at her sore eyes. She cried too much, I shouldn't have made this happen.

"Because, otherwise you wouldn't get a second chance." I said softly.

"A second chance for what? For what?"

"A second chance to say 'Sorry, I love you'!" I was tensed up and my tone was stronger.

What else could I say?

She burst out with tears streaming down her face. "He doesn't deserve a "Sorry, I love you!' Don't you get it?" Delilah grabbed the red rose I kept under the car wiper shook it in front of me, ripping the petals angrily before saying, "All this that you're doing? He doesn't deserve it! He doesn't, he doesn't, he doesn't!"

She threw the fresh red petals in the air and they fell up us again. Her dress strap fell from her shoulder as she wiped her face, smudging her makeup. I picked her strap up and placed it gently back on her shoulder. I wanted to kiss her so badly...

 As I kept my face close to her, she whispered. "Let's go."

We both got into the car we came in and drove off to where she told the driver to go to. The whole ride, she stuck her face out of the window, thinking over about what happened in the last hour. So little time went past, yet so much has happened.

We arrived at a fancy white hotel with a large fountain in the middle. Saru walked in front of me to the receptionist as the lady said, "Mr. and Mrs. Xavier?" Delilah gulped in pain when she heard those words and nodded before grabbing the key. I wonder, what's she up to now?

I grabbed her and took her to the hall to talk in private.

"What are you doing? Let's go home, please!" I persisted

"No! Two days in advance has already been paid, why waste it? Anyway, I can't go back to that house, you go if you want to." She said and walked towards the room.

I just followed her without saying a word.

We entered the white room to reveal a large King-sized bed covered in red petals and a card that read "Congratulations!".