9 : Proposal

~~ Delilah's POV ~~

The ding of the elevator brought me to my floor. I still had the file, Inder made for me in my arms. As I walked down the corridor, Theo called my name.

I turned around to face him and I kept walking. "Hi." He said simply.

"Hi." I replied, I still couldn't get over Inder's overprotective attitude, but I was still happy to see his face.

"How's your health now?"

I kept my head down like before. "Good."

There was a 5 second silence till he broke it again. "I have been trying to contact you for the past few days." That made me turn my head to face him again. "I wanted to ask whether... You're free." He gave his signature half-smile. He tried to contact me? That's a first.

I gave a half-nod. "Today?"

He chuckled. "No! For the next 80-90 years?" I thought he was being sarcastic till I realized that he was actually serious. My face dropped.

"If you're free... We can hang out... Together." I sensed the nervousness behind that sexy voice. He stopped and leaned against the railing of the library. I stopped in front of him.

"What do you-" I was totally confused and nervous too. "What do you mean?"

He smiled. "That you've trapped this IIT IIM ."

My eyes expanded in shock and I was just completely speechless. I just didn't know what to feel because everything started to flood on me so suddenly.

"I know this is very sudden." He comtinues as he takes a step closer to me making me hold my breath belfry he can hear my tensed heartbeat. "But this courage... To tell you this was also very sudden. When you went on a date that day, I didn't like it at all."

I kept my head down, trying to hide my flaming hot cheeks. 

"And when you got this makeover," He kept his warm finger on my shoulders making me shudder. "I hoped you did it for me."

I looked up and smiled. I couldn't take my excitement at all. He likes me? My crush likes me? "He stroked my hand. "And when you didn't come to the library, I had realized that you, you are the one, Delilah..."

He sighed. "Will you..." I gave him a questioning look. "Will you marry me, Saru?" I inhaled and exhaled deeply, my heart beating so fast and so hard, I just didn't know what to say.

My phone rang, making both me and Theo jump. I looked at the caller ID to show the name I wasn't thinking of at that moment, Diego. I looked at Theo again and back at my phone. I looked back at Theo gave him a large genuine smile.

I could barely breathe.

***

I went to the main office in a hurry, because to Inder, it seemed like an emergency. I went to the sitting area and looked around nervously. Inder tapped me on the shoulder, giving me a jumpstart.

"What's the emergency?" I said with concern.

"Good news. Come on." Even if it was good news, he wasn't excited at all. He headed towards the lift. "The no. 8 guy from the file is waiting for you." I looked at him in surprise. "Upstairs, in the restaurant. He's IIT, IIM and MIT as well."