15: Drunk

~~Diego's POV~~

I woke up with a jerk to the sound of my heavy breathing. I felt a bead of sweat drip down my cheeks. In the darkness, I slowly let go of Saru and went to the fridge. I grabbed one of my beer bottles, and took a sip. Unable to keep my hands off it, I gulped down the whole bottle and banged it against the counter in anger.

I took my gun without hesitation and stomped upstairs.

I opened the door and walked into the prayer room to see Delilah's father reading a book 'Love Poems' but it wasn't long before he dropped the book in fear and looked up at me, trying to regain his confidence.

"You won't put a wreath on Delilah anymore." I said as I walked up to him and ripped the fresh marigold garland where all the little flowers scattered on the floor around him.

He pushed me aside. "What difference does it make to a useless hooligan like you?"

I staggered back and held the gun with my shivering fingers and aimed it at his head. "Because Saru's getting married tomorrow."

He looked at me in surprise.

"To me." I completed. "And this time, I'm not here to invite you, like I did last time. In fact, I'm here to tell you, when Saru sees this wreath, she feels hurt."

He gulped a little as he glanced at the flowers that I pointed with my finger. "She cries." I adjusted my hand on the gun, ready to pull the trigger. "And to stop her tears, I can kill." I paused. "And I can die too."

I chuckled at his speechless expression. "So, will I have to use this gun? Or not?"

Before he could reply, his wife jumped in front of me and grabbed the gun from me. "You won't! Enough now!"

She looked at her husband. "Please stop!" She looked back at me. "Both of you!"

She walked towards her husband, whose face fell. "Why do we do this? Why?" She choked on her voice and looked back at me, knitting her brows.

"See? I told him." She pointed to Saru's picture. "No one will put a garland on that photo anymore."

She pointed a finger at me.

"But remember this." She continued. "If he says no, once, just once, then our Saru won't marry you."

I looked at her and blinked in confusion. I took the gun back and walked out of that apartment, out of their faces and went back to bed. After all, tomorrow is a special day and no one will ruin it for me, not for her, not for us.

~~ Delilah's POV~~

I opened my eyes slowly to see Inder sleeping soundly in bed. I shook him gently and he groaned in response.

"We're late." I said drowsily.

He opened his eyes in shock  and got up. I followed him, wondering why he reacted like that. He looked at me and laughed. "We're getting married today!"

I chuckled. "Yep."

He smiled, his eyes twinkling. "I'll go have a shower, you get ready." He nuzzled my neck and walked into the bathroom. As the door locked, I walked over to the closet and grabbed the newly bought gown, draped it around my lean figure.

***

__________________________________________________________

Dear readers,

A very short chapter I know...

QOTD: Do you think that Saru's parents would allow this marriage to happen, or not?

Also I haven't updated this book for multiple reasons. And I'm truly very sorry for that.

1) school
2) exams
3) low self-esteem
4) my birthday was on the 7th.

And other things too. So if you guys can vote and send comments on this book, it will be a great motivator and who knows? I might update a really really long chapter for you guys.

Don't forget to send some fan art and please follow the rules in the picture at the tippity-top so this book can be in the watty's competition!! I don't know when it ends but hopefully this will be in your reading list.

THANK YOU SO SO MUCHHH!

~Imperfect Perfectionist~

____________________________________________________