12: Wedding Spies

~~Delilah's POV~~

With a lot of difficulty, I was finally able to get into my elegant clothes without dropping the saline. I wore a neon pink silk sari over a strapless gold sequin blouse. The silk material hugged my waist with a hundred and one safety pins and softly fell down my legs in pleats to the floor.

I removed the saline cord from my wrist and adjusted the blue hole for later use. I always hated needles. I loosened my hair and brushed it thoroughly to make smooth soft waves, I never knew my hair would ever be like this.

I stepped out and walked towards the counter, hoping Diego was there. And he was. I smiled at his reaction to how I was dressed. "You ready?"

He nodded in reply and signed the remains of the custody form for the 48 hours. He grabbed the transportable tripod that held a full saline bottle. He took the cord and stuck it in the blue hole. I looked at him in confusion. "Wait, you are not making me wear this, are you?"

He chuckled. "Oh, but you are and you will."

I grabbed the tripod and pushed it down the hall to the lifts as Inder stayed close to my side. He pressed the lift door as my head filled in curiousity. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." He replied.

I smiled back and looked back at the lift doors. "I like surprises."

I felt him staring affectionately and the weirdest feeling in my stomach didn't leave me.

***

We arrived at one of the familiar streets. On my left, I saw a beautifully decorated banner with red and yellow roses that read:

NICK weds ADELINE

I smiled inwardly, because I felt so happy that Adeline got her dream husband and wedding without having me in the way. Diego knocked on the window on the other side of me and smiled, gesturing me to come out.

I knitted by brows in confusion as he opened the door and led me out and entered the building opposite the wedding. Where was he taking me?

"Diego? Where are we?"

He chuckled and turned his head slightly to reveal his perfect jaw. "Wait and see."

It wasn't long till we reached a messy old theater room with an old stage and sheet-covered furniture. Inder dusted a gold chair with velvet cushions and helped me sit down on it comfortably. "Ready?" He whispered softly. I gave a small nod in reply.

As he went to the stage, I looked at all the dusty props but what I saw was really the best.

He moved the little cardboard puppets attached to strings and it smoothly danced to my favorite song and I was truly happy. Inder came down to me from the stage and walked to me, he pressed a little red button to reveal LED lights in purple, red, blue and white.

Slowly, they merged into different colors of the rainbow.

He walked past me and I turned around to see what he was up to. He grabbed the white sheet over a mountain of boxes, that I couldn't really make out what they were. He pulled the sheets away dramatically to reveal a cloud of dust and a bud deed little TV boxes.