7 : Hangover And A Wallet

~~ Delilah's POV ~~

We walked down the street.

We walked down the street and passed street vendors and beggars. The fact such a respectable girl like me is walking next to a bad boy like him, no one dared to look at us. I felt relieved, I was never the center of attention and I don't plan on being it.

Diego lifted his arm and softly placed it on my shoulder.

My cheeks were pomegranate red and my body sunk down. I'm pretty sure Inder knew that because he chuckled. "Feeling uncomfortable?"

I ignored his question and continued walking. I didn't want him to lift his arm and put it away because it felt warm?

Stupid me! It's probably his muscles making me feel a little warm

Oh god! Stop it Delilah!

The point where it started getting a bit awkward, I stopped and turned around to the opposite street. I have no idea why, I just needed to get my mind off the continuous jabbering inside it. Then his arm dropped, some part of me felt thankful but another part of me whispered inside aww, it felt so amazing!

"What kind of drunkard am I?"

He looked at me with curious eyes. "How do you mean?"

"You know, when people get drunk, they say things they don't mean to, or they confess secrets and stuff like that."

He stopped and looked at me with his dark brown eyes. He leaned towards me and whispered. "Romantic."

I stared at him and blushed. Oh god! What did I do? What did I do?

"Did I... Embarrass you?"

He looked at me again and smiled. He turned towards a bar. "I'll get a beer for myself." Just before he disappeared in the bar I tried to stop him. "Diego! Drinking beer and cannabis brew everyday can kill a man!"

He turned around to face me. "Everyone has to die someday." And he disappeared into the bar. So I waited. Was there any way I could show him those documentaries on alcohol?

A couple of minutes after, I noticed a man, a large bulky man hurry past the pedestrians with a phone pressed to his ear, and a secretary carrying his suit with him. The large bulky man's wallet fell out and I saw a beggar, with dirty white rags and bare feet pick up the wallet and tuck it under his arm.

The urge to shout was unbearable. "Stop! That's not yours!"

I sped across the road as fast as I could, not caring about the honking cars that skidded and slammed into things. I know, but I'm the cliché good girl you find in books.

I panted hard and tried to grab the wallet from the beggar. "Finders keepers." He croaked. I put up a scowl and tried to take it. I didn't have the strength to run after him so I just sighed angrily, but then Inder came along.

"What's wrong, Delilah? You just sped off!" He said, he seemed a little angry but I gave a small apologetic smile and stood up straight. "Well, he took that man's wallet!"

Diego turned to look at the beggar. "No, no! Sir, she's lying! This is my lucky purse!" He was already shivering in fear of Diego and he immediately handed the wallet back to him. "Please don't hurt me!"