8 : Name Of The Deceased?

~~Delilah's POV ~~

Diego and I were divided by frosted glass doors adorned with gold. As I stepped inside with one of the stylist's assistant I saw the most busiest salon, I have ever seen.

"Wow." I whispered under my breath.

It wasn't just a salon, it was a fashion house, store, dealer and all at once but one thing was for certain, it was all to do with fashion and style. In one corner, a smiling dressed assistant was measuring the neckline of a mannequin and next to her was another girl who was sketching some beautifully styled clothing. Near the window, was a girl collecting some beautiful jewellery from a mint blue bag. I squinted my eyes and noticed the words, Tiffany & Co. I wonder where the hell they get these things. But I didn't care because all I wanted was to look beautiful.

"It is beautiful, no?" The girl who was leading me had said in a strong Spanish accent. She had light blonde hair and fair skin with deep blue eyes like mine. I sat on the comfy salon chair and waited for the transformation that awaited me.

The stylist, I think his name was Charlie, skidded across the hall to me making me smile. "Oh, what a beautiful specimen here. I have the right things to transform you into the most beautiful woman in the universe!" He loosened my braid and brushed through it. After it was brushed, along came the curlers and the hair colours.

After I had finished, I was a completely different person. But a little too European. I had my same brown hair but with slight highlights done to the roots. They have shampooed it so much that it felt softer than a rabbit's ears. "Champagne, Chestnut and A whole lot of care!" Charlie whispered, i wondered what he meant till he touched my hair again.

A wonderful way to describe it, I thought.

When I got up from my seat, Charlie wore a disgusting look on his face. "Ohh, darling, we must do something with that hideous attire of yours." He sped away again bringing skirts and shorts and jeans galore. I decided to try on a black skirt with black pumps and a white silk blouse. I have never worn heels in my life and I just stumbled my way to the door to show Diego whether it was right, or wrong for me. 

When I opened the door, Diego jumped from his peaceful sleep and looked at me. Then he blinked twice and stared at me with his mouth slightly ajar. "You... You look...awesome?" I don't think he has ever complimented a girl properly because he only needed body energy to amuse her, I thought so I just forced a half smile.

Just then, Charlie sped over to Diego's angle and looked at me thoughtfully. "Um, it doesn't suit her that well, I have a couple irresistible designs for an irresistible girl like her, though."

I gave a small frown and little did I know, in the next 3 seconds, I'll be on the floor with a hurting bottom. That was when Charlie clapped his hands thrice to announce two girls to help me up, but before they could arrive, Inder was already by my side, slipped my shoes off before I got up. "Don't wear these again. If you want to look tall, get some shorter and easier ones, ok?" He held my hand with his warm hands and held me up till we were so close, our bodies were touching.

My heart was beating so hard and so fast, the whole world could hear it. Inder slowly leaned in, with his arms still clutching mine, The craving to kiss him was unbearable but I just couldn't kiss him so I leaned back and let go of his hands. What was wrong with me?