Chapter 3- New girl

**Jamie's POV**

After a long and interesting first day at school I had finally arrived home, instantly making a beeline in the direction of the kitchen, specifically the cupboard that I knew contained all of our snacks. It didn't take long for me to pin point the location of a packet of Oreo's, tearing open the bag and digging in to the the sweet treats. A few minutes later, I decided that going for a swim was much better than sitting alone, snacking and so I put the cookies back and headed up to my room to change into my swimwear. Only to hear the distinct sound of a whistle echoing behind me, more specifically through my open window. Thankfully, my back was to my window and I had yet to remove anything but my shirt and bra, however that didn't stop me from putting on my bikini top at a quick pace, before I spun around to see none other than Jace and his group of friends in the window across from me. Somehow the fact that our windows were parallel to each other had completely slipped my mind.

"What the hell!" I yell, grabbing my discarded shirt and covering my front.

"Sorry!" Two of them yelled back in sync, both of their blue eyes glinting at me in the harsh sunlight.

"We couldn't help it!" Another one shrugged nonchalantly, cheekbones becoming more pronounced as he spoke. "You're just good looking, is all."

"They're not lying!" Jace adds on, pushing past the other boys so that he is stood directly across from me.

"Still!" I whine, a blush spreading on my cheeks.

"You were right," says another voice from inside the room. "She is cute."

"Ok," Jace interrupts before anything else is said. "Jamie meet the guys, the two blonds are the twins Tommy and Tio, Chase is the one who was practically hanging out the window and the one in the back's  Cameron."

"Nice to meet you all." I give them a small smile, still clutching my top close to my chest. "But if you don't mind i'm going to finish changing now and go for a swim."

"Oh, we don't mind at all!" One of the blonds laugh, before Jace swats the back of his head. "Ouch! What was that for."

"Leave her alone idiot," He chuckles, before looking back in my direction and sending me a quick smirk. "Enjoy your swim love."

I quickly nod in reply before shoving my curtains closed, taking a deep breath. After five minutes, I re-open my curtains letting out a relieved sigh, noticing all five boys were gone from the window opposite mine. Giggling to myself about the events that had just occurred, I walked out to the pool, only to find all the boys swimming about and splashing each other. Huffing out an annoyed sound, I took a run up and cannon-balled into the water effectively splashing the lads. Once I resurfaced a splash war broke out between the six of us. Half-an-hour of splashing later, all the boys had left but Jace, leaving the two of us to battle for the crown of splash champion, until we heard a car pulling up in the driveway next door and a woman shouting for the cheeky boy in the pool with me, wondering where he was, followed by a series of cute giggles.

"Next door mum!" Jace had replied, then suddenly he tackled me into the water taking my slight loss of focus to his advantage leading me to wrap myself around him tightly, to make sure he also went down with me.

"Dada?" I heard a little voice ask when we had re-emerged.

Dada?

**Jake's POV**

"Jake where are you?" I had heard my mum yell from over the fence.

"Next door mum!" I yelled back, before lunging at Jamie dragging her down into the water, determined to win our little battle, not expecting her to wrapped her legs around my waist and arms around my neck tightly, assuring that I would also be submerged. When we resurfaced, I watched as my little angels head peaked around the gate of the backyard, before squealing in excitement once she had noticed me. 

"Dada!" She squealed, causing Jamie to let go of me and quickly move awya, as if I had burnt her, as Alicia looked between us with a confused expression painting her face. "Is this my mama?"

"No Angel, this is daddy's friend, Jamie." I smiled, slowly gliding through the water towards her, noticing Jamie looking between Alicia and I with a series of emotions.

"She's pretty!" Alicia grinned, walking over to the poolside where I was stood.

"Thank you!" Jamie said, sounding quite unsure. "You're very pretty too! What's your name sweetie?"

"Alicia! But Dada calls me Angel!"

"That's very cute."

"Ahem!" I coughed, feeling slightly left out. "I'm here too."

They both turned to look at me, before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"Awe ickle wickle baby!" Jamie laughed, a beautiful sound that I wished I could hear all the time, on repeat.

"Asshole!" I mumbled, climbing out of her pool and walking over to my little girl. 

"Hey sweetie how about you head home, whilst I speak to your daddy. Ok?" Jamie asks, to which  Alicia nodded already heading back towards the gate.

I turned to see Jamie no longer looking as cheerful as she had when we were splashing each other only minutes ago, instantly my smile disappeared.

"Hi!" I waved sheepishly.

"Inside now!" She demanded, afraid I would upset her more I tried to scrambled into her house, only to smack into the glass doors and fall onto my back, grunting in slight pain.

"Idiot!"

"I heard that!"

"You were meant to!" She stuck her tongue out at me, so I flipped her off in return.

********************************
Vote
Comment
Share