🔸Chapter 28 - Days out with Rita🔸

**Jamie's POV**

It's been a couple of days since I first went to the hospital and met Rita and I learned so much about her, like how she loves football.

So to surprise her, I asked her parents and personal nurses if it was fine and today I'm taking her to a football game. However, I'm bringing Jace because I don't have a clue about it and to me American football is like rugby, but supposedly it's completely different.

"Jace come on we're going to be late!" I yell up the stairs.

"Coming! Coming!"

"Damn you take longer than a girl." I mumble, checking the time.

"God- fucking- damn it!" I hear along with loud band on the stairs.

"Jace! Are you ok?" I ask, rushing to his side where he's laid at the bottom of his steps

"I'm-" cough. "Fine."

"Drama queen." I sigh, standing from the crouched position I'd ended up in, I reached out a hand and pulled him up. "Come on. Let's go surprise Rita."

***

"Jamie? What are you doing here?" Asks a confused Rita, as me and Jace enter the room.

"Well you were telling me how much you loved football so.." I pull out the three tickets. "We're going to see today's game!"

"How did you get those? I told you about it 2 days ago!"

"Let's just say my wonderful boyfriend knows someone." I grin.

"Oh my cheese nuggets! I'm so happy!" She squealed. "Wait shouldn't you be at school?"

"Week off." I shrug. "Come on let's go!"

After helping Rita into her wheelchair, and making sure she had all her equipment. We headed down to the car that was parked outside. Not ours though. It was Rita's parents, because there was a gap in the back seats, where Rita, her wheelchair and all her equipment could sit.

After we were all sorted, Jace started the engine, only to stop as Rita asked a question.

"Wait! I'm still in my hospital gown! All this excitement I almost forgot!"

Me too. But, I nearly forgot something else. Smiling to myself, I pulled out a plastic bag, filled with clothes and handed it to her.

"Here you go." I say.

"Umm, I don't want to get changed if Jace is here. Also I need help." She replies nervously.

"I gathered." So I hopped into the back with her and held up a blanket - that I had brought to keep her warm - up against the roof and tied it with two hair bands onto two hooks, before turning to look at Rita and proceeding to help her get dressed.