🔻Chapter 18 - Worried🔻

**Jamie's pov**

**Jamie's pov**

After yesterday's excitement, I came straight home. Everyone seemed really happy, but my mums smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

She was smiling, but her eyes held sadness. I stayed quiet knowing, if she wanted me to know I'd know. So I stayed out of her business, this didn't mean that I ignored her, I stilled hugged her and told her how much I loved her, before I went to bed.

****

It's Tuesday again. Today is the day I'm going to speak to my mum, about why she's acting so weird.

Climbing out of bed, I walk into the bathroom quickly brushing my hair, using the toilet and then brushing my teeth. Don't worry, I didn't do it all at the same time. Walking back into my room, I walk over to my dresser I grab today's clothes and put them on, adding some perfume on top. Not before putting on deodorant.

My outfit consisted of a white adidas jumper, black ripped jeans and my worn out white pumps, before moving over to my mirror.

Straightening my hair and doing my make up with golds and silver for my eyeshadow and a maroon colour for my lips. Making sure my eyebrows were on fleek and my eyeliner was sharp enough, to cut a biotch.

Once I was done, I ran down stairs to find my mum over the stove. Her shoulders seemed to shake, as if she was silently sobbing.

"Hi mum." I say in a gentle voice.

"Oh hunny." She says shocked, turning around whilst wiping her eyes. "I didn't see you there."

"It's alright." I smile. "Are- are you ok?"

Only then do I realise my mum had not been cooking. But looking at something, that she seemed to be holding behind her back.

"Me?" She asks, clearing her throat. "I'm fine."

Not convinced, I walk over and pull her into a hug. Hearing her sigh as her arms wrapped around me, I slowly pulled back and placed my hand on her shoulders, only to see her eyes glistening with new tears.

"Mum, show me what's in your hand." Looking like she was going to say no, I added. "I want to help you. Don't shut me out."

Slowly she brought her hands in between us and slowly unclasped her fist, that rested around whatever she was crying over.

Looking down, I gasped. In her hand was a large clump of hair. My mums hair. Slowly I lowered us to the ground - noticing my mums weak knees - rocking us back and forth.

"Why is your hair falling out?" I whisper.

"I'm sick." She sobs.

I freeze up. My mum hardly ever cry's, she's always been the strong one. Now I'll have to be strong for her.

"You don't have to tell me. But," I trail off, as she looks up at me. "Know I'm here for you and I love you. Dad, Xavier and Sammy all love you. Heck, even the boys love you. And we are all here for you."

"Thanks baby girl." She says tiredly. "I love you too."

Sitting there for a few minuets, holding my mum, whilst rocking her back and forth felt like hours and then she fell asleep.

"Oh mum." I whisper.

At that moment my dad walks in and notices us. Giving me a small smile, that didn't quite reach his eyes, he slowly took mum from my arms. He walked out of the kitchen - with me following - and began to climb the stairs.

Half way to the top, he stops, turning his head he says, "Go to school and we'll speak about this after, when your mother has the energy."

"Alright love you dad."

"I love you too princess." He smiles. "Now get to school."

He may have thought I didn't notice - especially in the dark lighting at the top of the staircase - but I could see his eyes watering.

Leaving the house, I headed straight school. After texting Xavier to pick Sammy after school, since she walked this morning.

****

Arriving at school, I walked straight past all my friends and into the building. The only thing on my mind is my mum. Walking up the four flights of stairs to the library, I grab a book then sit down in the far corner.

I sat reading on my own for afew moments, until a small brown haired girl waddled up to my table.

"Hi, I'm Grace." She smiled, before glancing behind her and smiling at someone, who soon joined us. "And this is my best friend, Gus."

"Nice to meet you." Gus said.

"Well, I'm Jamie." I grinned back. "And it's nice to meet you guys too."

Taking in their appearances, I noticed Grace's hair was in a short bob and that she was quite pale, with freckles on the bridge of her nose and cheekbones. She was wearing a white top with a brown jacket and black jeans, that had been folded at the bottom to end at her ankles and to top it all off she wore white sneakers.

Gus on the other hand, was quite tanned and muscular looking, with a very nice face. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a green t-shirt and a denim jacket, plus his scruffed up black sneakers.

These two would be great for each other and by the way Gus looks at Grace tells me, that he thinks so too.

"Is it alright if we sit down?" Grace asked.

"If you'd like." I respond.

"Is that ok with you Gus-Gus?" She asks.

"It's ok with me." He chuckled.

"Ok." She whispered with a small smile. I had to hold back a giant 'aww' because these two were just too cute.

Watching as they sat down, I noticed Gus limped slightly when he put pressure on his right leg.

"What's up with your leg?" I ask curiously.

"Oh nothing." He laughed. "I'm just part cyborg, no big deal."

"Really? Cool." I say, leaning across the table and high five-ing Gus.

"Yes I think so too." Smiled Grace. "Anywho, we better get going I need to find this book it's my favourite and I just have to read it again."

"Alright. See you later," I waved, as they both stood and began to walk away.

"Bye." She waved back, as Gus gave me a salute.

I think I'll get along with them just fine. Just then the bell rang, so I began packing away. That's when I heard and saw a very annoyed Grace being dragged out of the library by an amused Gus, looking like she didn't find her book.

"For fucks sake!" She yelled. "Gus let me go back, I need my TFIOS!"

Laughing to myself, I headed off to English.

********************************
Vote
Comment
Share