🔻Chapter 19 - Finding out🔻

**Jamie's pov**

**Jamie's pov**

Finally the last bell of today rang and taking that as a signal, I ran out of my science class like my pants were on fire.

Walking almost running home, I speed walked through the streets and once I reached my destination, I unlocked the door and walked inside.

Only to find my parents and siblings sat in the living room waiting for me. My mum's eyes looked to be watering, as did my dads, it's not nice to see them so sad.

"What's wrong?" I ask, joining my brother and sister.

"Thank god your all here and together." Smiles my mum, yet it looks fake.

"Of course mum." I say. "Now what is going on I'm worried." Then quickly I add, "We're all worried."

"I know my sweet. Just.." She trails off, taking in a large gulp of air. "Just be patient with me, this is really hard."

"Take your time mama, in your own time." Xavier comforts.

"Alright w-well," She breaths. "Awhile ago I found out I have lung c-cancer."

That's when I fell to the floor with a cry. Oh my god. No not my mum! Anyone but my mum! Not when I just got her!

How can I live without my mum? The person who is supposed to be your rock, the one who's supposed to yell at me for coming home at stupid hours, the one who's supposed to beat the shit out of me for cussing at her, but at the end of the day still loving me because she doesn't have a choice.

I don't know how long I sat there, already knowing that everyone was much calmer than me and only shedding afew tears. But they don't get it! Mum's only just started to show that she loves me, just as much as my siblings.

I think I'm going to throw up! I jumped up quickly and raced over to the bin we have in the corner and began bringing up all my food from today.

You may think I'm over exaggerating, but I can't cope. I can't go through this heartbreak, it's worse than being told all of your insecurities by someone you love more than life itself. It's like I'm repeatedly being stabbed in the heart and having it torn out of my body.

"Jamie!" I hear behind me. Does it stop me? No.

After a few minuets, I sit back and lean against the wall wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

Cracking my eyes open - just a crack - I can see my dad holding my mum and Sam and Xavier sat beside them, his head in his hands.

"When were you going to tell us?" I question, my voice croaky causing my family to jump.

"Jamie, I-" my mum began, only to be cut off by my dad.

"How could you ask that? We are going through something terrible and all you care about is wether or not you were going to find out?" He rages.

"How could I not? You think I'm not going through a tough time too? Not long ago, I didn't eat for weeks and no one noticed for a long time! So you can just say this is just a cherry ontop!" I yell.

"W-what? Again?" My parents ask. I nod silently. "But you said you'd stop. We sent you to a top notch place, you should have been fine. You said the method worked."

"You mean the method of forcing food down my throat? Even if I was full, more and more food stuffed into me for 2 years until I stopped fighting." I growl.

"What?" My mum whispered, as my dad stared at me in disbelief, with Sam tucked under his arm still crying and Xavier looking at me with a sympathetic expression on his face.

"That's not the worst bit, if I refused to eat they'd feed me by stuffing a tube down my throat and some even hit me." I laugh, with no emotion.

"Oh my baby!" My mum screeched. Realising how horrible I was being, when this was about my mum, I crawled over on my knees and grabbing her hands.

"Mum it's all over now. I'm healthy now, this is about you, not me. And I'm sorry and it's my turn to support you." I smile sadly.

"But honey-" I cut her off.

"But honey nothing! You are going through something big and I will do anything and everything to help you." I say hugging her, still on my knees. "I will even cook, clean, work hard at school and graduate early, just so I can get an amazing job and pay for your treatment."

"And I'll get another job or go back to the army, I'll send money home and I'll meet a nice girl, we'll get married and we'll give you your grandchildren, that you've always wanted." Xavier adds on, speaking for the first time tonight.

"And I'll get a part time job, babysit or tutor kids at school and then I'll finish school in 3 years because I'm so ahead and I'll become a doctor and save your life." Sam whimpers.

"And I'll work overtime but take off weekends, so we can be together as a family. I'll take you to doctors appointments, take you on dates and we'll all go down to the beach and you can all burn whilst I tan." My dad laughs, with watery eyes.

"You see mum? We're all here for you and love you and we'll make sure you live, because you can't miss me working for the first time ever, Xavier finally settling down and having kids, Sammy becoming a doctor, dad joking about how we look like lobsters and him looking like a golden god." I whisper. "You also need to be there when I marry the boy I love and give me advice on how to suffer through my pregnancy. You see mum you need to stay around because we need you and can't live without you."

"And who will I look forward to you marrying?" She asked, with a knowing smile.

"Well, he'll have dark brown - almost black - spiked up hair. Chocolate brown eyes, strong muscular features and an amazing jaw line. He'll be amazing, protective and sweet, take me on dates and help me give you cute grandchildren and we'll be so in love. Dad will give him a speech, on what will happen if he breaks my heart." I laugh.

"He sounds amazing but," my dad smiled. "I think you've already found him."

"Who?" I ask confused.

"Honey, I think you're in love with Jace."

********************************
Vote
Comment
Share