Chapter 4 - Dada

**Jamie's POV**

Once Jace had sat on the couch and the two of us were wrapped in a towel each, I began pacing the length of my living room, debating on what to say or ask him.

"Why didn't you tell me that you have a daughter?" I asked, stopping directly in front of him.

"You never asked." He joked, before seeing my glare and sighing. "I'm sorry ok? She's my little girl and she's one of the most important people in my life. So I wanted to get to know you better before I introduced you."

"Oh, I think I understand where your coming from." I say, processing his words. "If you don't mind me asking, where's her mum?"

"Curious, huh?" He chuckled. "Well, she didn't want anything to do with her and left her on my doorstep when she was only a few days old." I gasped. "But I think I've done a good job raising her, along with the help of my mum."

"Well, from what I've seen she's amazing and I bet you've done more than just a good job." I complimented. "How about you go grab her and we can get to know each other, whilst having a swim?"

"Your accent is so cute." He stated, causing me to blush a little. "Ahem, I'll just go get her."

****

Soon Alicia was bursting through my gate once again, running towards where I was laid on a towel sunbathing, wearing her little Nemo armbands and matching swimming costume.

"Lets play!"

The two of us jumped into the pool together, just as Jace came through the gate, an evil smirk appearing on his face. Before he ran and cannon-balled into the pool splashing us both with the wave he'd formed.

The three of us were played for a little while longer, until Alicia turned to face me.

"Will you be my mommy?"

I froze as the small girl stared up at me, eyes wide like a Disney princess with her bottom lip stick out slightly, I turned to Jace who had a smile slowly growing across his face, as he watched us.

"Well- um you see, I-" I sighed, looking at her cute expression l, trying to figure out the best wave to go about it. "I guess- I mean if that's ok with your daddy." I beamed, meeting her halfway as she attempted to swim and hug me.

That was when I heard a cough, coming from the direction of my house and so I turned only to come face to face with my parents.

"Mum! Dad! Why are you home so early?" I exclaimed.

"Our meeting was whiter than we had anticipated." My mum sighed, thumb and index fingers rubbing against her temples. "Jamie, aren't you going to introduce us to your guests?"

"Oh yeah! Mum, dad, this is Jace and Alicia, they live next door." I grinned.

"Oh, well it's nice to meet you, I'm Sandra and this is my husband John." Mum introduced, sending the two a quick grin.

"Hi!" The two said in unison.

"Right anyways," My dad clapped his hands. "Jamie we have a surprise waiting for you in the living!"

"A surprise?" I scrambled out of the pool and made a mad dash for the house, as the others followed.

Entering the living room I instantly recognised the messy mop of brown hair and I didn't wait two seconds before I launched myself at my older brother.

"Xavier!" I squealed, gripping him in a tight hug.

"Hey, baby sis!"

"How are you? How long are you staying? Why are you here?"

"I'm fine, I've got a few months break before I have to report back to base and I wanted to come see you all, before I head back to England."

"Hey Jamie, who's this?" I heard Jace ask, releasing my brother noticing Jace standing with Alicia on his hip, water dripping down his tanned skin.

"Oh hey!" I waved sheepishly realising I've been staring at him for a little too long. "This is my older brother Xavier, he just got back from the army."

"Cool, I'm Jace!" He said as he shook hands with my brother. "I live next door."

"Nice and who's this little cutie?"

"I'm Alicia!"

"Well hello Alicia!"

"I'm afraid we're going to have to get going cause it's getting late. I'll see you all later!" Jace yawned.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." I replied, as the two made their way to the door.

"Bye, mommy!" Yelled Alicia, over Jace's shoulder, causing someone to start choking behind me. Stopping Jace and Alicia in their tracks.

"Did that child just call you, mommy?" My mum asked slowly, collapsing into the chair behind her as I nodded. "Oh my!"

"You broke mum!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did no-!"

"Shut up!" Yelled my dad.

"Sorry, dad!" We apologised, all spinning around to look at my mother as she slowly came around.

"Please tell me I imagined it." She whispered, watching us all as we stood around her, before dropping her head into her hands. "Oh god."

"I'm sorry!" I say, nervously. "But what was I supposed to do, when she asked me if I'd be her mum? Say no? She's only a child."

"Wel-"

"Ok, I can understand why you did it. You just wanted to make the child happy, that's the best thing you could have done." My dad said, surprising us all.

"Dads right." Xavier sighed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Jamie did the best she could, but can we speak about this another day please? I'd like to spend time with my family."

"Of course dear." Mum says, changing the subject quickly.

*******************************
Vote
Comment
Share