🔸Chapter 31 - Breakfast at the Heart household🔸

**Jamie's pov**

"May I just say mister Heart, you are looking absolutely ravishing this morning." I hear as I walk into the kitchen.

"Why thank you Tio." My Dad replies sleepily, not looking up from his morning paper.

"Are you not going to complement me back?" Tio asked, appalled. "Where's my oh Tio you look hot today? Or oh Tio I want to ban-"

"Oh Tio you look great this morning, hunny." Said my mum, effectively stopping his rant. "Doesn't he love?" Everyone turned to my dad.

"I may be tired, but I'm not that tired." He grunted in reply, still not looking up, whilst Tio leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed and pouting.

"Umm, morning." I say, wondering what on earth I've just witnessed.

"Morning, sweetie." Mum smiled, before turning back to cook, what smelt like bacon.

"Hey, what'd I miss?" Jace asks, wandering into the room and standing behind me.

"Just the usual." Chase replied. "Tio flirting with Mr. Heart and him turning him down."

"Tio I've told you! I'm a married man!" Dad suddenly exclaims.

"Your wife doesn't have to know." Is said boys sly reply.

"Ahem, I'm stood right here." Laughs my mum.

"DAMN IT! See now look what you've done! You've revealed our affair to your wife! Honestly, it could have worked out!" Cried Tio flailing his arms around, as my dad sighed.

"Son I'm too old for you, why don't you find a nice... umm partner and run off into the sunset, on rainbow coloured unicorns."

"But I want to do that with yoooohuuuu!" He whined.

"For the love of G-"

"Breakfasts ready!" Chimed mum, once again interrupting the weird conversation. "Go sit at the table. NOW!"

We all quickly scrambled to the table, each finding a seat. Turns out mum was expecting the guys to show up and set up five camping chairs at the table for them and cooked extra breakfast. Just as we were about to dig in to our bacon sandwiches, Tio raised his hand and my dad slammed his head onto the table groaning in annoyance.

"I would just like to say something." He said becoming serious. "And it's very important to me, it's my biggest secret."

"Alright hunny go ahead and tell us." Said my mum calmly.

"I'm gay."

"We know." Echoed around the table.

"What?!" We all looked at each other and expected him to be upset, but he just whined. "That's not fair! You could have at least pretended to be shocked and thrown some sort of fit at least, telling me that it's wrong, but then after I run away you all realise I'm still me and it's not weird and then we're all happy families and I marry Jamie's Dad!"

"Huh?!" Dad spluttered.

"We're engaged." Says Tio with a quick wave of his hand. "Can we try that again please?"

"Fine." His twin sighs. "But we're skipping the you running away bit."

"Aww, fine." Pouted Tio, before turning serious once again. "I'm gay."

"Oh my!" Gasped my mum and sister covering their mouths, shocked.

"How did we never realise!" The boys added.

"My gosh Tio this is such a shock!" I say.

"Still not getting engaged to you." Muttered my dad. "Ouch! Ok, what a shock!"

"You're not mad?" Tio whispers.

"How could we be mad?" Asks my mum, placing a hand on his.

"I just thought you'd all treat me differently. So you all accept me?"

We all nod. "Of course."

"Phew, that's a relief." Tio says, before making a cut action. "And that's a rap! See did you see how easy that was? If only you did it right the first time we'd all be fine."

"Yeah, yeah." Grumbles Dad. "Now can I eat my breakfast?"

***

"Well that was interesting." Is what I say to Jace, once the boys have left and we were back in my room.

"Yeah well, we always knew the guy was a little dramatic." Is his reply.

"A little?"

"I mean alottle."

"Alottle?" I ask.

"Yeah, alottle, a little and a lot mixed together equals alottle." Jace explains.

"I love you, you weirdo." I smile ruffling his hair.

"Yeah I love you too."

*******************************
Also, how did you find my book?

Vote
Comment
Share