Prologue

Her feet made clapping sounds as she trudged into the village. Masked by the rain, she put her arrow in her quiver. She knew she was in the right place. She had a feeling.

"Ro'meave!" she yelled. "Vylad Ro'meave!"

A short black-haired woman came out of her house in response to the call. "Wh..." she began groggily, but once her eyes adjusted, she recognized the visitor almost instantly.

"Garroth," she commanded to her guard. "That girl is Vylad's sister."

The blonde-haired man stopped abruptly. "Sister?" he repeated.

The short woman nodded. "Get Vylad over here immediately."

The man nodded. He took no short of an instant, and returned with a younger man. He was good-looking, but his face was masked. His brown hair and green eyes matched those of the visitor.

The visitor turned her head. "Vylad?" she asked, trying to see through the fog.

The masked man leapt down the stairs upon hearing her voice. He engulfed her in a hug.

Surprised, the girl wrapped her scarred body around the boy. She'd gone through so much to find him.

"I'm so glad you're here..." he said. "How did you ever find me?"

The girl gave a small smile. It had been a long time since she'd smiled.

"Wait..." he said, breaking away from the hug. "Please, come with me. I'll get you in a warm house, out of the rain."

"T-thank you." The girl hadn't slept in a warm house for a long time. She wasn't sure how to take the news.

"Well, come on!" her brother called. Their feet echoed on the cobblestone walkway.
««»»
Upon entering the house, a guard with shaggy chestnut hair and blue eyes had prepared some tea for her and her brother.

"Sit down," her brother said.

She shivered and sat down.

"Tell me all about it," her twins said. "I want to know everything."

"About what?" she asked, confused.

"Your trip, of course."

"Well," the girl began, taking a sip of the tea. "I suppose this will be a long story."

Welcome to the second book of TRmS! I hope you enjoyed the prologue!

xxx,
vylad