XVI

[Hyria] [Third person; past tense]

"Oh my Irene... Cassie... something's happening." A familiar purple-haired witch jumps out of her bed. She'd been on edge after she'd returned to her tower and found everything messed up and her note was gone. She knew it had to've been Cassie, she could sense the magicks around it. Not strong, since Cassie's magicks were, well, amateur, but still there nonetheless.

Hyria rushed over to the door and hastily grabbed her staff and cloak, darted out of the oak doorway, locked the door tight, and signaled for one of her trusted familiars that they were going to go... on a walk, per say.

What has that stupid girl done now?! Hyria thought. She needed to teleport to O'khasis if she was going to be able to save her in time... but teleportation with another living being, not to mention a familiar, takes lots of magical energy.

Hyria was much more tired as she and the familiar were teleported to the gates of the kingdom. Nevertheless, she knew Cassie was in danger. She left the familiar at the gates (as a getaway escape) and began to run through the ominous streets.

The others had just stopped by. Aphmau, Garroth, Vylad, Katelyn, and more. She'd revealed to Aphmau that she was Irene... but after, she'd realized if Cassie had been trying to get to Vylad, she'd been searching for a while. And, when she'd woken in the middle of the night with the familiar 'something is wrong' feeling, she knew it wasn't lying.

"Cassie!" She screamed her daughter's name, as she saw someone being forced onto a ship. Hyria didn't even know if that person was Cassie, but she couldn't care less.

The person turned around, a quick glimpse before she was forced onto the wooden warship. Hyria's pace quickened, as she saw the familiar, deep green eyes before she disappeared.

"Come back!" Hyria screamed. She whispered a spell as quickly as possible and the ship froze. She could feel the Tu'la guard's nervous energy. It fueled her fire.

She gestured with her staff, and began to fly. Suddenly, she nearly fell back onto the concrete. Teleporting with the familiar had taken more magical energy than she'd thought.

Hyria furrowed her brow as she took a breath and willed herself forward. The guards yelled at her, and some shot at her with arrows. She deflected them with a simple spell.

The sorceress descended on the boat, and the guards began to swarm, but she murmured a simple "be still". The Tu'la guards were still, and frozen.

"Now," she murmured, strolling through the warship, "where is my daughter?"

Then, her eyes crossed the familiar green ones. Cassie was sitting helplessly on the ship, her mouth was taped and her hands tied behind her back.

"Cassie!" Hyria exclaimed.

The girl's eyes welled with tears. Hyria tugged the tape off her mouth as she whimpered slightly.

"H-Hyria..." she breathed, staring at her adoptive mother.

Hyria untied her hands and immediately wrapped her old arms around Cassie's body. She hugged back in a tight embrace.

[Cassie] [First person; present tense]

I hug Hyria so hard, despite the fact that she's probably fuming at me. Once we broke apart, Hyria takes my face in her hands.

"You stupid girl. Do you have any idea how hard I looked for you?! How many stupid people I had to interact with? I met that annoying boy, Pierce, and I had to work with him! I'd die before I'd ever let myself stoop that low again!"

I smile slightly as tears flow down my face. "I-I'm sorry."

Hyria hugs me again. "Let's go home, Cassie!"

I push her off me gently. "Home? Hyria, I'm sorry but... I'm going to find Vylad. Hyria, I love you so much, but... I need to find my family. My real family."

Hyria's face falls. "I... I understand. Just come back with me please?"

My eyes flicker to the side before meeting her gaze. "Okay. I will."

She gives a tired smile and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "Good. And Cassandra... I know where Vylad is."

My eyes widen. "What? I--you... he..." I take a breath before continuing. "You know where he is?"

Hey guys! This is the third to last chapter of the whole series! Honestly, kind of excited for it to end bc I feel like the plot is kinda try tbh

xxx,
vylad