VI

"Where is she?! I'm not going to ask twice!"

"Dammit, I don't know!"

"You're the brother of Zane Ro'meave for Irene's sake. It's going to get ugly if you don't give me a straight answer."

"Don't threaten me like that. If you hurt me, it'd be sadism. I don't have an answer because I don't know. Do you think Zane tells me anything? He hates me—he thinks I'm not a true Ro'meave."

"For some reason... I get the feeling you're telling the truth."

"Good, because I am."

"Mm. I'm going to keep going. Tell me if you hear anything. Remember, the name. Cassie D'englo."

"Okay. Wait! What's your name, ma'am?"

"..."

"Please, tell me. I can't contact you if I don't know who to contact."

"...Hyria. My name is Hyria."

"Well then, nice to meet you Miss Hyria. My name is Vylad Ro'meave. Quite the first impression you had."
««»»
"Seriously? That bow's dead already," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Not yet! Zane put powerful magicks on it, right? So it'll be hard to destroy, even for a Tu'la leader," Azlynn says in a smartass tone.

"Azlynn, it's too dangerous. Do you know why I ran out of there as fast as I could?" I ask.

She puts a hand on her hip.

"Because. Jasper is on there."

"Jasper?!" she repeats, her mouth wide open. "I thought he was dead!"

"He is," I say. "He's a Shadow Knight!"

Azlynn's face blanks. "S-Shadow Knight?"

I nod slowly.

"L-like the same ones who... who made Chad..."

"Yeah," I say, my voice barely a whisper.

"We're going on the ship," Azlynn says. She clenches her fist and begins to storm towards the occupied village.

"Wait!" I cry, grabbing her wrist. She whirls around, her eyes fiery.

"What?! They made Chad insane. I need to see that bastard dead, even if I have to die too."

"That's crazy!" I hiss. "Chad wouldn't want you to die! And besides, we've got no weapons."

She pulls her sword out of its sheath and twirls it in her hand. "I don't give a shit about that. That blasted Shadow Knight's going to die."

My lower lip trembles. Why am I crying? Jasper's gone. It would be fulfilling to put his soul to rest. I don't care. He's still walking. He may not be human, but to me, he's still alive. I don't want to watch him die a second time.

"Dammit," I mutter. I straighten my posture and look Azlynn in the eyes. "Okay. We can go."

She smirks a little.

"But—!" I say, raising a finger. "You can't end his existence."

"Cassie, what the hell? He tried to kill you!" Azlynn growls. "That gives me two reasons to kill him."

"I said don't kill him, dammit!" I yell, just loud enough to stop her from saying anything else.

"Okay okay, calm down. I won't kill him. But I will kill them," she says, pointing to some Tu'la guards patrolling the edge of the border.

"Why kill innocent people?" I ask quietly.

"We need their uniforms," Azlynn says. "It's not like their going to just hand them over if we ask."

"Knock them out," I say. "I don't want any more blood on my hands."

"Alright, 'miss I've-never-killed-anyone'. Just knock them out. Got it," she mutters.
««»»
The uniform fits perfectly on Azlynn but is too big for me just by a little.

"Alright," she says, sliding her sword into the sheath. "Let's go. Be sure to deepen your voice when asked any questions. My guess would be they don't have any female guards. Sexist bastards."

"You're pretty confident, have you done this before?" I ask, humor laced through my voice.

She shrugs. "A few times when I was with Falconclaw. Harder than it looks, trust me. Anyway, less talking and more infiltrating."

I nod and we creep up to the dock that connects to the inside of the ship.

"Excuse me," one of the guards growls. "You have business here? Only higher-ranked guards are allowed in this area."

"We've come back from patrol. We need to report it to Sir Jasper," Azlynn says in a deep voice. She's confident, and I can sense it.

"Then we'll get you a messenger," the guard replies.

"I'm sorry sir, that won't be necessary. Sir Jasper has requested we report the information to him directly. You know about the former Jury member on the loose? Her name is Cassie, I believe," Azlynn says without hesitation.

"T-that's correct," the other guard says. He turns to his comrade and has a quick word with him. "Okay," he says once her turns around. "We'll allow you to come in if you answer this question; we can't risk spies coming into the mothership."

I hear Azlynn swallow in anxiety. Her confidence is fading. Mine is too.

"Who are Sir Jasper's two best guards?"

Easy. "Sir Stephan and Sir Pavien," I reply quickly.

"Correct," the guard says. He and his comrades move aside to create a path for us. "Best of luck to you, sir."

I nod and tip my helmet (@/minnie) at the guard as an acknowledgment of gratitude.

"Alright," Azlynn says, rubbing her palms together excitedly. "We're in."

*Minor rant, sorry*

Okay, I am sick of people PMing me and commenting requesting an update. I love you all and am so grateful for every last one of you, but seriously PLEASE be patient! I'm trying the best I can with this. While I enjoy writing, it is not the only thing I do. I have a life outside of Wattpad. I got into a really high-level high school, and I want to get into these extra curricular classes that are really competitive and require me to complete multiple essays, so writing has been the last thing on my mind.

Thank you to those who are patient!

Again, love you all!

xxx,
vylad