V

"Where is she? I want a straight answer. Don't dodge my question this time."

"I've already told you a million times, I don't know! Just leave me alone old hag."

"Old hag! Shut up. You're no better than me. You're probably a pedophile for holding her hostage."

"Now see. There's two things wrong with that statement. 1) She's a legal adult by now, and 2) I've never once held her hostage."

"You've spoken to her, when she was younger."

"Well, I did many things for her. She hasn't spoken to me in years."

"You never confirmed my statement. Did you speak to her or not?"

"Yes! Is that what you want to hear! Now get out, leave me and my family!"

"Family! One girl hardly counts as family."

"You little... do you understand that you don't have to be blood-related to be family?!"

"..."

"Exactly."

"...yes, I understand that. I'll take my leave now."
««»»
Clang. Metal on metal. I look up, expecting to see another guardian angel, sent from Irene's dimension to help me.

Jasper's blade lies on the floor. He's thrown it down. Why?

"Jasper...?" I ask. Why are you trying to get executed?

Sweat beads drip down his face. "I can't do it... Cassie... my sweet Cassie... leave! Now! I'm going insane, I want you to leave, right now! Or else I won't be able to control my actions and you will die! Leave! Go!"

I tug at my chains. "I would, but..."

With an iron fist, he smashes them in half. Is this the true power of a Shadow Knight?

"Jasper..."

"I said go!" he screams. His tone is so bitter and regretful. "Leave! I swear to Irene if you don't... oh my Irene!" Tears spill down his face. "Just leave! The last thing I want is your blood on my hands!" He runs his hands through his hair in agony.

I swallow quickly. "C-can I kiss you? One last time?"

His face softens. He takes his hand out of his hair. "Okay. Quickly. If I kill you, I'm going to kill myself."

Effortlessly, I pull him closer and my lips connect to his. It feels like the world is just us two. Fireworks go off in my mouth. His kissing is nothing erotic, but still gives me butterflies.

I break apart as I sense his sanity slipping. I rush out of the room without another word.

I see Stephan and Pavien jolt up.

"Miss Cassie!" Pavien says. "You're... he's... how..."

"No time to explain!" I say. "Jasper's going insane. I have to leave."

"Wait! Your's uniform!" Stephan says. "Here!"

I take it from him and give him a kind smile. "Thank you, Stephan."

Stephan grins. He's certainly changed from the first time we met. "We's'll try t'hold Master back, but I makes no promises."

"Don't get involved," I say. "This is my fight, not your's." Before allowing him to say anything, I rush out of the ship, hastily putting my armor on.

Irene, that was one hell of a meeting.
««»»
I rush out of the ship quickly, dodging the attacks of the guards. I rush up the hill before realizing I left a crucial thing on the ship.

My bow.

All I have is a spare dagger. I make use of it by slicing through weeds and brush in my way. I can't go back now.

"Azlynn!" I scream. "Azlynn!"

"Cassie!" I hear the familiar voice. Thank Irene she's alive. She wraps me in a hug. I hug back.

"Thank Irene," she says. I hear her voice crack.

"Azlynn... are you crying?" I ask quietly.

She glares at me, wiping away a tear. "N-no! Let's just leave. You got everything?"

I shake my head. "No. I left my bow and arrows on the ship. All I have is a dagger."

Her face hardens. "Dumbass. Now what, we've got no method of protection."

"You have your magicks," I say smugly.

"Wrong. I practice barrier elimination magicks. Unless we have a barrier to break, all I've got is my sword. Shit, Cassie, that bow was the best opportunity we had."

"So what? Are we gonna go look for a smith to make a new one?"

She shakes her head. "I hardly believe there's a smith with magicks that can match the High Priest's spells. We're going back on that goddamn ship to get your bow."

Long wait for update! So sorry!

xxx,
vylad