Chapter Ten

ROSE

Standing outside Ville and Lauri's door I was nervous, what if they told me something I didn't want to hear. Deciding to get it over and done with I knock once, and Lauri opens the door straight away as if he was waiting on the other side. Then again as I'm the only human in the house with a heartbeat he probably heard me stood outside the door.

"Come in Rose."

He stands aside and motions for me to enter. I notice suitcases out and Ville packing.

"Are you guys going somewhere?"

"Our job here is done so we're heading back to Finland."

Lauri shuts the bedroom door behind me and walks ahead of me to sit at the end of the bed. Ville motions for me to sit down in one of the armchairs in the middle of the room.

"This room is soundproof Rose; no one will be overhearing any words spoken inside these walls. Now you have something on your mind."

I chew my lip thinking where to start first, the death manipulation seemed like the right move.

"The night I ran away, I used death manipulation on my sister. I changed how she was meant to die without really thinking about what I was doing."

Ville nods and sits down opposite me while Lauri perches on the arm.

"How did you change her death?"

"She was meant to go to a cheer tournament the next day, she was a flyer so was thrown in the air a lot. I saw her being dropped, snapping her neck and dying before the ambulance arrived. I tried to make her not go so we started arguing and she called me a freak, she said if I could see death then I should go ahead and change her death to right now otherwise she'd go to the tournament anyway."

I start to tear up just thinking of the final moments I spent with my sister and how they were negative. Lauri pats my knee giving me the will to continue my story, I can't believe I was telling this story to two vampires from Finland instead of Chris who'd taken me into his home, or Josh who'd become my vampire best friend.

"I jokingly said she should just trip, fall down the stairs and snap her neck which was a simple death for a simple person. There was nothing on the landing for her to trip on, but it was if she tripped on something invisible before she fell down the stairs and snapped her neck. Even though my parents saw I didn't push her or anything, they knew I did something and after that I had to get away, knowing I'd taken from them their favourite daughter."

Ville sighs, "at that point in time you only thought you could see death before it happened. Yes, it's tragic when someone dies, but don't ever blame yourself. Now you know what you're capable of and can work towards controlling it in the future."

Hearing Ville say I shouldn't blame myself for my sister's death was like a weight off my shoulder. It seemed that everyone else in town thought I was a cold-blooded killer.

"Thanks, Ville, I think I needed to hear that I'm not that much of a heartless killer."

"Is there something else on your mind Rose?" Lauri interrupts.

Ville shoots Lauri a look that told him to be quiet and I would bring my other problems up with them when I wanted to. Lauri pouts and raises his hands in surrender. I chuckle under my breath, him and Ville had the perfect relationship.

"Lauri's right I do have something else on my mind and it actually happened in town earlier when I was having coffee with my friend Oliver. Is it possible for something or someone to block my death sense? Because it kind of happened."