Chapter Twelve

ROSE

I needed to tell Chris about Ricky and I being together. I knew he'd be in his office because I just saw Angelo leave looking a little sexed up. I decide to give Chris a few minutes to freshen up, plus I knew I needed to be careful where I sat because I didn't know where in the room he and Angelo had just had sex.

After using all five lives on Candy Crush I decide now was a good time to talk to Chris. Putting my phone away I knock on the office door and wait to be invited in because it wasn't polite to barge into any room. Damn, I'd been living with Chris a little bit too long now.

"Come in."

I push open the door and walk in closing the door behind me. Chris was sat behind his desk looking composed, he looks up from some paperwork and smiles warmly.

"What can I do for you today Rose?"

"I have something to tell you Chris and I want your approval, because of all you've done for me."

Chris motions towards one of the armchairs in front of the desk and I take one making myself comfortable, getting ready to tell Chris that I was dating Ricky.

"Are you okay if I date Ricky? I mean we're kind of already together but I want your approval. I know there's a big age difference and he's a vampire and I'm human, but we really like each other."

Chris's face lights up, that had to be a good sign.

"Of course you have my approval, Rose. I've known Ricky for many years and know he has a kind heart, and he'll never hurt you."

I get up and walk around the desk before hugging Chris who chuckles and hugs me back. Maybe everyone was right about Chris doting on me like a daughter, he'd shown me more kindness and love than my family ever had in such a short space of time.

Leaving the office feeling like a weight had been lifted off my shoulder I decide to get a head start on my homework. Chris wanted me to do well in school, getting a good education was important to him, so here I was actually doing my homework like a good student.

Lying on my bed I type up an essay when Ricky enters the room grinning ear to ear. He crawls onto the bed and pushes my laptop aside, cups my chin and crashes his lips down on mine. I kiss him back, I loved Ricky kisses.

"Chris told me he gave you his approval for the two of us to be together."

I nod, "he was thrilled. What are you doing for the rest of the night?"

"I'm actually going out in a few minutes with everyone to hunt." He pouts.

"Well have fun, I might call it a night after finishing this essay."

Ricky pecks my lips one more time before getting up and vamp speeding out of the room. I finish the essay pretty quickly, now I was doing the homeschool thing and couldn't be bullied I actually started to find school work interesting again.

~Next Morning~

Opening my eyes, I go to stretch when I realise I wasn't in bed alone. Smiling, I roll over expecting to come face to face with a cute sleeping Ricky. Ricky was sleeping next to me but something was off, he had dried blood all around his mouth and neck as well as covering his hands. I was shocked that he'd come to bed covered in blood, I needed to know what happened last night.

Getting out of bed slowly as to not wake the sleeping vampire, I pull on an oversized jumper and slip on my slipper boots before leaving the bedroom. I find Ryan, Vinny, and Ghost awake and talking in the kitchen so it seemed like no one else was awake yet.

"Good morning sleeping beauty, coffee?"

Ryan motions towards the coffee pot and I nod before sitting down next to Ghost at the table.

"Do you guys know why I woke up next to Ricky who was covered in dried blood?"

Ghost shakes his head and sips his coffee, "last night we all went our separate ways and didn't meet again until we came back to the house."

Ryan puts a cup of coffee in front of me before sitting on Vinny's lap pecking his boyfriend on the lips.

"I don't remember seeing Ricky when Vinny and I got back to the house, then again we came back earlier."

That didn't really answer my question, but maybe one of the others had seen Ricky and could tell me something when they woke up. Just then Ricky waltzes into the kitchen and pours himself a cup of coffee like nothing was wrong. He turns around and I take note that he'd quickly showered to get rid of the blood.

"Good morning babe."

Ricky kisses my cheek while the other three vampires awe.

"You two are cute together, but not as cute as me and Ryan."

To prove his point Vinny roughly kisses Ryan who kisses him back, the scene getting more heated with each passing second. Ghost fake gags.

"Get a room you two, please for the love of god."

Ryan shoots Ghost a rather colourful gesture while still sucking his boyfriends face off. Chris then walks into the kitchen and stares at the lovebirds not quite knowing whether to say something or not.

"I'm going to save you from having to witness any more of this Rose. Can you come to my office?"

I send a silent thank you to whoever was listening up there and get up to follow Chris. I wondered why Chris needed to see me, I mean we only spoke yesterday. Was he going to take back his approval? I hoped not.

Chris closes the office door behind me and motions for me to sit down again. He leans against his desk before handing me a tablet with the local news website up on the screen. The headline catches my eye.

'FOUR STUDENTS MISSING'

I was shocked when I continued to read the article and saw that I did, in fact, know the four missing students very well. The missing students were; Jaime Preciado and his girlfriend Jade Thirlwall, as well as Tony Perry and his girlfriend Leigh-Anne Pinnock. My high school bullies, well at least half of them.

"When I had coffee with Oli they showed up and made a scene but I couldn't read them, I couldn't see their deaths which I found strange because it felt like something was blocking me. Ville and Lauri assured me that they were convinced the only supernatural being sin town was this house full of vampires."

Chris sighs, "I'm going to keep an eye on this. Missing students are one thing, we don't want them showing up dead. Can you keep this between us, for now, Rose?"

I nod, wondering why Chris wanted to keep this from the other vampires. Did he suspect one of them could have had something to do with this? Only Ricky had come face to face with my bullies and had threatened them. Ricky couldn't be involved, could he? He could have been wearing anyone's blood this morning.