Chapter Seventeen

ROSE

The warehouse seemed a lot bigger and scarier when you were running away from your best friend, who turned out to be a necromancer who manipulated your boyfriend into kidnapping and killing your high school bullies. Oli was crazy and I needed to get out of here and back to the safety of the house where Chris could keep me safe.

Pulling out my phone while still running for my life I dial Chris's number and wait for him to pick up which he does on the second ring.

"Rose—"

"Chris...Oli's a necromancer...controlling Ricky...has me at a warehouse which is our secret place...I'm sorry..."

Looking up towards where I knew the main entrance of the warehouse was I gasp and drop the phone sending it clattering to the metal steps at my feet. Ricky stood looming in the doorway at the top of the stairs I was halfway up looking menacing and vampire much in this vampire state of mind.

"Where are you going Rose aren't you happy to see me?" Ricky cackles menacingly, obviously still under the influence of Oli's necromancy.

Not even thinking twice, knowing what Ricky had already done to people I turn around and run back down the stairs hoping to find another way out.

"Run little mouse, it makes the hunt just that bit more fun."

Ricky's words sent shivers down my spine.

CHRIS

"Where are you going Rose aren't you happy to see me?" Ricky cackles somewhere in the background cutting Rose off.

At least I had a way of tracking Rose's phone to her location; if Ricky was there she was in even more danger. Of course, her best friend Oli ended up being a necromancer, it explained the control he had over Ricky, and now he had her in an isolated location with an uncontrollable vampire ready to kill. If Rose had rejected Oli, he might have Ricky kill her just for the fun of it which Ricky wouldn't want when he regained control of his mind and body.

I hear what sounds to be her phone landing on metal before footsteps retreat in a rush.

"Run little mouse, it makes the hunt just that bit more fun."

Ricky was going to hurt her. My worst fears were met as someone picked up her discarded phone, and Ricky's eerily calm voice sends shivers down my spine.

"Don't worry Chris, you should be thanking me. I'm going to give you a second chance at being a father; this time around your adoptive daughter will be immortal."

Before I can respond Ricky laughs and hangs up. He was going to make Rose into a vampire, or kill her in the process. I put my phone down and turn around to face the concerned faces of Ville, Josh, Vinny and Ghost who had just heard the entire conversation.

Ville steps towards me and places a reassuring hand on my shoulder sorrow written all across his face, "We'll stop him before anything can happen to Rose."

"We need a plan, this changes everything." Vinny chimes in.

I nod, "we have three problems to deal with. One, is our staked vampires, two, is finding and killing Oliver, and three is getting to Rose before Ricky can lay a hand on her."

Everyone nods. Then Josh clears his throat.

"Chris and I will go to the warehouse to deal with Ricky, Ville and Ghost should track down Oliver, and Vinny should stay here to make sure everyone wakes up. Does that sound okay with everyone?"

"Let's do this then guys." Vinny cheers loudly trying to lift everyone's spirits.

Josh grabs my arm and starts to drag me towards the garage where luckily we had more cars than the one Rose had taken in the first place.

~Warehouse~

We pull up behind the car Rose had taken outside a rather sketchy and decaying warehouse that could come down at any second.

"Well at least we know she's inside."

I appreciated Josh trying to lighten the mood but I was on the edge of my seat.

ROSE

I should know my way around this place, but in my rush, I was pretty much lost. I couldn't even find my way back to the room where the four students were being held. I kept running down flights of stairs nearly losing my footing a few times. All the corridors and hallways looked the same.

I come to the end of one corridor and instinctively dive into a room, where on the floor above there was a staircase down to this floor. However there was no staircase in this room, in fact, there was nothing but three blank walls. I'd run into a dead end and couldn't go any further.

"Looks like I caught you little mouse."

I turn around to find Ricky stood in the open doorway grinning like a madman. I was a deer caught in headlights. He walks in and locks the door behind him trapping us together. At my feet, I find a metal pole, which wouldn't do much damage to a vampire but gave me some small comfort.

Ricky laughs, "Why do you look scared Rose? I'll make your death painless. I never loved you."

I shake my head, "this isn't you talking Ricky, this is Oli controlling you. Don't let him have power over you."

"Oli's allowing me to be my true self. I'm a vampire Rose, we don't love humans we feed off them and you look very tasty."

He starts to circle and I match him keeping the pole out in front of me.

"I love you Ricky and only you."

For a split second, I swear I see something flip behind Ricky's eyes, but the vampire shakes his head and growls, "nice try Rose."

Next thing I know Ricky's crouching down causing me to stop in my tracks confused at what he was doing. Until realisation dawns on me that he was preparing to attack, and in a split second the boy I love lunges at me with the intent to kill behind his pitch black and soulless eyes.