Chapter Fourteen

NEXT DAY

ROSE

Four more missing students, four dead bodies, and at least one vampire was responsible. I suspected my boyfriend Ricky and felt awful, but if he was doing this then he needed to be stopped before four more dead bodies showed up and the townspeople came knocking with pitchforks on Chris's front door hunting the vampire.

I needed some advice and remembered Ville and Lauri giving me their numbers if I needed to talk to them. Managing to get out of the house without an escort, I wanted to be far away from the house so no one could nose in on my conversation.

Dialling Ville's number I find a rather comfortable grave to lean against and wait for him to pick up, which he does on the third ring.

"I was wondering when I'd get a call you, Rose."

"Ville there's a problem."

Ville shuffles down the other end of the line before speaking.

"What's happened?"

I sigh, "You know I had those high school bullies. Well, four went missing and turned up dead drained of blood with two holes in the necks, and now the other four bullies have gone missing."

"So why are you ringing me, Rose?"

I kick some stones by my shoes glancing back towards Chris's house where he'd welcomed me with open arms.

"I woke up next to Ricky and he was covered in blood, and he's the only vampire in the house whose met my bullies and threatened them. I suspect he's kidnapping and then killing them for me. Chris, Josh, Vinny and Ryan are worried what attention will do especially since people in town are talking about vampires."

It didn't get easier telling people that I suspected him of murder. Ville stays silent for a few seconds obviously taking in my news because it was a lot to take in. I tap my fingers on the cold stone hoping Ville had some answers for me.

"I wasn't expecting that. There's only one thing I can suggest if you want to clear Ricky's name or find out if he's actually doing the killing. It's going to sound morbid but I'm pretty sure you can rope a few other vampires into helping you."

"I can do morbid Ville; hit me with your best shot."

At this point, I would do anything to clear Ricky's name.

Ville chuckles darkly, "it involves a trip to the morgue when maybe you'll be able to see the last moments of their lives and catch a glimpse of the killer vampire. If you channel that you want to talk to the dead and touch the back of their head, then maybe just maybe you'll resurrect them for a couple of minutes."

I was shocked; Ville was suggesting resurrecting the dead. Necromancy was dark magic, and death sense was already teetering on the edge. Even if it was only for a couple of minutes, necromancy was pretty morbid even for my liking. But I wanted to do anything to find out who the killer was to make sure Chris could stop them and find the four missing students alive.

"Are you still there Rose?"

"I guess I'm going to the morgue then Ville. I'll keep you updated. But I should really head back to the house now before Chris gets suspicious of my long walk."

"Goodbye, Rose and good luck."

Ville hangs up and I slip my phone back into my pocket, but not before sending three messages to Josh, Vinny, and Ryan telling them to meet me in my bedroom after everyone else had gone out hunting.

~Night~

The rest of the vampires go out to hunt leaving me, Josh, Ryan, and Vinny alone in the house. I sit on my bed and the three vampires file inside looking confused as to why I'd summoned them.