Chapter Fifteen

ROSE

When the four of us pulled up outside the house, the lights were on signaling everyone else had come back from feeding. Josh, Ryan, and Vinny promised to back me up if Chris got mad at me, though they assured me Chris's anger would be focused on Ricky when we broke the news.

Everyone was in the lounge talking amongst themselves, however, the room fell silent when the four of us entered. Chris stands up from where he was sat in one of the armchairs looking stern and father like. Ricky comes over to me and tries to hug me but Josh shoves him backwards quite roughly while Ryan and Vinny flank me either side.

"What the hell Josh. Why did you shove me?" Ricky growls.

"Oh, you know why Ricky. Why don't you confess your crimes to everyone instead of hiding behind lies?" Josh snipes back at him.

Chris clears his throat stepping in between Ricky and Josh making eye contact with me.

"Rose, why do you smell like death? And where have you four been?"

"We were at the morgue Chris seeing the dead bodies."

I saw no point in lying because it wouldn't get us anywhere. Chris looks stunned and steps aside.

"Why were you at the morgue?"

I shrug my shoulders and point towards Ricky who was getting more worked up with each second.

"I was sure Ricky had kidnapped and then killed my bullies, especially when he woke up covered in blood with no real explanation. He's the only one of you to have met them and he threatened them telling them to watch their backs."

Everyone stares at Ricky who looked confused for a second before the rage returned.

"Why would you think I'd do something like that Rose?"

"Because with Ville's guidance I got the dead talking and they described you word for word. You fucking killed them. I never asked you to deal with my problems. Why did you do it?"

I all but scream in Ricky's face, it felt good to finally confess my suspicions of him. Chris shakes his head next to Ricky.

"You resurrected the dead? That's dark magic Rose?"

I snort, "Are you serious right now Chris. We have evidence that Ricky killed four people and most likely kidnapped the others and all you can focus on is me."

"She's right Chris, we need to get Ricky to admit kidnapping and killing, and then maybe just maybe we'll find the other four students alive."

Ryan puts a hand on my shoulder and winks at me telling me he had my back as well.

"I didn't kill anyone!" Ricky growls, lunging towards me with intent to kill in his eyes.

"Ricky!" Chris shouts, trying to grab hold of the pissed off vampire but fails.

Ricky brings his hand up to my face with his sharpened nails coming down across my cheek before Josh and Ryan manage to tackle him off me and to the floor with Vinny and Angelo quickly assisting a thrashing Ricky.

I stumble backwards clutching my cheek, only to see blood on my hand when I pull it back. Ricky once promised he'd never lay a finger on me, but he'd just broken that promise and I was in shock.

"We'll get you cleaned up Rose. Come on Ash."

Ghost appears by my side along with Ash and they guide me out of the room towards the kitchen. Ash gets me to sit down while Ghost finds a first aid kit in one of the cupboards.

"I don't understand, that wasn't Ricky in there."

"You're right Rose that wasn't Ricky. The real Ricky loves you more than anything."

Ashley smiles weakly and holds my hand reassuringly as Ghost sets about cleaning up the quite deep gash across my cheek.

I sigh, "I just want to know what's going on. Is that so much to ask?"

Ghost shakes his head, "I think we all want answers, but for now, you should probably get some sleep Rose and let the vampires deal with Ricky."

It wasn't until Ghost mentioned sleep that I realised just how tired I was. There was nothing I could tonight. I'd given them the information and hoped they'd be able to find a solution by the morning.

NEXT DAY

I wake up in my bed with Josh next to me reading a book. He puts the book down and opens his arms allowing me to snuggle against his side.

"It wasn't a dream was it Josh?"

He shakes his head, "sorry Rose it wasn't. But Ghost did a good job at patching up your cheek."

My hand instinctively goes to my cheek which stung in pain. I brush my fingers across the big bandage which had stitches underneath. Ricky wasn't himself.

"What's happened since I passed out Josh?"

"Chris called Ville and Lauri and had them come back here as fast as they could because Chris believes someone or something is controlling or possessing Ricky like a puppet."

Ville and Lauri at this point might as well make this place their second home at this rate. I manage to get Josh out of my room while I clean myself up and get dressed into something comfortable.

However, when I stand in front of the mirror brushing my hair I notice something odd with my eyes. Getting as close as I could I blink a few times to see if I was seeing things, but there was a small purple rim around my pupil which wasn't there yesterday. What was happening to me?

"I did warn that necromancy was dark magic Rose, the coloured rim might go. Or it could grow the more of your power you use."

Ville appears behind me in the mirror with his head tilted to the side checking me out.

"Is necromancy linked to my death sense?"

He nods, "it would appear so. I didn't know if it would work when we spoke last night if I'm being honest. You really are an oddity Rose, you'll make an interesting vampire one day."

There he went again mentioning me becoming a vampire one day. I wanted to be a vampire so I could be with Ricky for the rest of my life, but until Ricky was back to normal that wouldn't happen.

"Can I see him Ville?"

Ville sighs, "Chris says no. It took all of them to get Ricky restrained in the basement. Someone has control over him, Rose."

I turn around coming face to face with Ville one question popping into my mind.

"Do you think this second figure could be the one blocking my death sense?"

"Maybe, we'll only see in time Rose. Now I need to get back downstairs. Please stay away from the basement."

Ville leaves my bedroom quickly. It was odd that he didn't seem to know what was going on. He seemed like an intelligent vampire who had answers for everything, but this situation had him stumped.

Knowing I needed to stay away from Ricky in the basement, no one said anything about snooping around Ricky's room just across from mine. Most nights Ricky slept in my room because his was a mess. I hardly went in there, but I needed to find anything that could help us get Ricky back.

Entering the messy bedroom I didn't know where to start or what I was looking for. I had all the time in the world to explore. Pulling out drawers and emptying his wardrobe across the bed I go into some sort of frenzy praying to whoever was listening to give me a sign.

Just as I was losing hope a mobile phone falls out of a shoe box on the top shelf of the wardrobe. The phone didn't belong to Ricky. Turning it on, I was relieved to see there was still some charge but nearly dropped it upon seeing the background screen. There was a picture of Vic and his younger brother Mike at one of the school dances I'd never attended.

This had to belong to one of them, which gave me some hope that possibly Ricky hadn't taken all their phones. Meaning we could potentially track their phones to find out where they were being kept and if they were still alive. I needed to tell everyone, I would explain the mess to Ricky when he was better.