Chapter nine

As I laid in the hospital wing of the palace, very few people were admitted to see me. I hadn't seen Roman since he left earlier, his mother hadn't come back either. The only person that's been in here has been Dean. "Princess you must eat something," the doctor said.
My hands wound around my stomach protectively, still remembering how when I ate earlier, I was poisoned. The doctor noticing my look, said to Dean, "There has to be a way to get her to eat." Dean picked up a piece of the food off the plate and ate it. My eyes widened as he did that to each piece. "From now on, I'll taste everything before you eat. You and this child are more important than this slave," Dean said.
"I can't ask you to do that," I replied.
"And you won't need to, I intend on telling Roman that I will do this, he will ultimately agree to it, because you carry his child."
The door swung open, and Romans voice boomed throughout the room, "Everyone out."
I trembled at the sound of his voice, I knew that something had happened. I couldn't bring my eyes to meet his, as he
paced the room. "Tell me Livia, what have I asked you to do when I enter the room?"
Sliding to the edge of the bed, pain still coursing through my body, as a wave of nausea hit, I spoke, "On my knees, naked, waiting for your command your Highness."
"Then why are you still sitting there?" He asked, his chest heaving, his eyes darkened with anger.
"I'm sorry your Highness, it won't happen again," I said as I bit back tears.
"Because I cannot punish Princess Sasha myself, you will receive every ounce of her punishment. Pregnancy be
damned."
I sunk to my knees as Roman hovered above me, his fingers tracing a line across my jaw, his thumb brushing against my lips. The nausea overwhelmed me to the point, where I darted away from Roman, emptying the contents of my stomach.
I heard the door slam shut behind me, crawling back into the bed, I let the tears fall. Succumbing to the darkness, I let sleep take hold, trying to empty all thoughts of Roman from my head.
I was roughly shaken awake by Dean, "Livia, Romans gone, he's left the castle. He spoke to no one after leaving here. What happened between the two of you?"
"I am his slave only, I don't know where he went or why," I said fighting back tears, as the door opened.
"Father," I said.
"By the Gods you're ok. When I heard that you had been poisoned my mind ran away with the thought that I'd never see you again. Her majesty, has gotten our family restored to its once great name. We can leave here Livia. But I suspect, you don't want to leave until he returns. My dear child, what has he done to you? I can see a great sadness in your eyes because of him."
"Please I just want to go home."
"I will see how soon we can go. The people will be glad to see us both alive and well."
My father helped me to Romans room to begin packing, until we were interrupted by Lord Owens and Styles.
"I hear congratulations are in order Princess. On both accounts of your restored legacy and your impending motherhood."
My eyes trained to the floor, as Lord Owens started towards me, "His Highness won't be pleased that you are leaving."
"I am no longer his slave."
"But you carry his child. He won't take kindly to you taking his heir away from him."
"Do you dare threaten my daughter?" My father asked, advancing towards them.
"No your Majesty, we only meant that his Highness, wouldn't want her to leave especially in her delicate condition. Plus with whoever poisoned her still on the loose, I would hate to see something happen to them."
The door slammed open and in walked Roman. "So it's true, you are leaving me slave?"
"Yes she is your Highness," my father said, "thanks to your mother our kingdom is restored."
"I forbid you to leave."
"You can't forbid her to leave, she is not yours to command anymore sir," my father said, stepping in front of me.
"She carries my child, she is mine to command."
His words from earlier rang in my head, "pregnancy be damned."
I turned away from them, sliding more things into my trunk, until the trunk lid was slammed shut, and Roman was pressed up against me. His hand snaking around my waist. "You may be restored to your family's legacy, but you still carry my child inside of you. You will not leave, is that understood."
I wretched my hand out of his, and escaped his grasp. "You are no longer my master, I obey only my father now."
Romans eyes darkened, and for a split second I saw sadness in his eyes. "Leave us," I commanded everyone including my father.
They all exited, leaving Roman and I alone. "You do not own me, I may have been your slave but my family has been restored so that is null and void. Yes I may be pregnant with your child, but that does not give you the right to command me."
"I almost lost you," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.
"That still does not give you a right to treat me as you have done. If I recall you told me earlier, pregnancy be damned. Luckily for me and our child, the sickness I was feeling hadn't passed or you would've ended my pregnancy."
His head hung, tears beginning to fall down his face. "Livia, please don't leave me. Don't take my child away from me."
"Why should I stay? All you've done is treat me as a slave when by birth I am a princess."
"I love you."
"You've a funny way of showing it your Highness. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish packing, we are leaving in the morning."
"Will you stay with me tonight?" He asked.
"No," I said simply, even though my heart broke to tell him that.