Chapter eleven

I sat in the throne room at our palace, four months after leaving, my stomach growing larger everyday, a constant reminder of Roman. My father had informed me that our presence was required, under condition that if we did not attend, especially me, it would be considered treason against Romans family. The letter stated that it was to announce Romans engagement to a princess. I couldn't help but feel my heart shatter even more because of him. "Livia, we are almost prepared to leave, whenever you are ready," my father said.
"Yes father."
"My dear child, how do you feel?" He asked.
"Horrible, my feet ache constantly, I can't keep anything down."
He laughed, "No dear one, about seeing Roman again."
My eyes cast downward, "I'm not ready. But it doesn't matter, he's found a princess to marry."
He sighed heavily, "My daughter, you will find love again. You are not ruined."
I turned from him, my eyes welling up with fresh tears, walking from the throne room towards the castles courtyard, climbing into the carriage, I was met with an excited squeal. "Princess, his Highness asked Dean and myself to escort you to the castle. He wishes to speak with you privately as soon as you arrive," Bayley said.
"Bayley, what of this princess he is to marry?" I asked.
"No one has met her yet princess, he says she is to arrive soon."
I frowned, something doesn't seem right to me, but I couldn't dwell on it, because Dean and my father entered the carriage as well. "Princess," Dean said, "how are you and the child faring?"
"Well, thank you."
"His Highness will be pleased to hear that."
My father, Dean, and Bayley continued to talk, mostly about Roman. My hands absentmindedly traveled to my stomach, my hands caressing it. "Livia, the babies fine, you'll see him soon enough," my father whispered in my ear.
"She still loves him," Dean commented.
As the carriage pulled into the courtyard, I saw his parents standing, waiting for us. His mother hurried forward as I went to exit the carriage, "Welcome princess. The pregnancy suits you well. Roman will be pleased to see you progressing so well."
"Thank you your majesty," I said quietly.
"Your Majesties," my father said, bowing slightly. "Thank you for inviting us to share in this wonderful celebration for his Highness."
"He awaits Livia in his chambers, Dean, Bayley, will you please escort the princess there immediately," his mother said, smiling at me. I curtsied to her, following Dean and Bayley.
Once out of earshot of everyone I said, "Do not leave me alone with him please, no matter what he asks you to do."
"He said you would say that, so he commanded us to leave you as soon as we take you to his chambers."
As we got to his chambers, we heard moaning coming from inside. I closed my eyes, letting Dean knock, opening the door slightly, he said, "Your Highness, Princess Livia is here."
"Fuck," he growled, "get out slave," he yelled. Moments later a woman emerged, scurrying as fast as she could. "Enter," Roman said angrily. As soon as I entered, I saw the chaos that had ensued. Tables upturned, glass shattered across the room, the stench of alcohol, filling my nostrils. "Your Highness," I said, curtsying slightly, even though his back was to me.
"I thought you loved me, but yet you ran from me, keeping my child and heir away from me," he began. "You left me alone, I loved you."
He turned towards me, and I saw his face had thinned, his eyes bloodshot, his breath, reeking of alcohol. "I am a princess of Samoa, my duty is to my family, not to my heart."
"And where did your duty to your family land you, that's right, in my bed, because your family couldn't protect you, you were my slave."
I didn't dignify that with a response which only increased his anger.
"When you give birth to this child, the child will stay here with me. As future king, the child belongs with me. Not some wayward princess."
"How dare you threaten my child?" I said, advancing towards him, poking his chest with my finger. "This child belong with me, because at least I know how to love, unlike you. You think it's ok to fuck random women, slave, princess, or otherwise."
He grabbed my wrist, pulling me into him, my stomach creating distance, as his hand came down onto it. He spun me around, gripping my waist, "Tell me princess, what if I fucked you right now? I bet the protests that still run through you would die out immediately when I entered your tight pussy."
I tried to get out of his grip, but he spun me again, enough to press his mouth to mine. I pushed against his chest, trying to stop him, but soon found myself melting into his arms, tumbling into his bed.
Afterwards I laid tucked into his side, his soft snores echoing throughout the room. "I do love you, but you're marrying someone else," I whispered, brushing the hair out of his face, tears streaming down my face.
Sleep followed shortly after, my hand resting on his chest.
I was woken up by the sound of audible groaning coming from the bathroom. Walking over to the door, I opened it to find Roman on his knees. Smiling slightly, I thought, serves you right. "That's what you get for drinking," I said.
He turned, his hair billowing around his face, "Dont start with me Livia."
"Oh or what, you're going to threaten to take our child away from me? You know you can't do anything about that, because you are marrying some random princess, who no one by the way, knows anything about."
"That's because it's you dammit."
I stepped back, my hands flying to my stomach.
He smiled ruefully, "The reason no one knew is because you wouldn't have come."
"You can't make me marry you. Not after what you've said to me."
"I can, and I will. You can believe that, princess."
"Besides, your father has already signed the documents agreeing to the marriage."
I stormed out of the room, leaving him to his self inflicted misery, hurrying to the chambers where my father was to stay. Disregarding protocol, I stormed in, only to find their Majesties speaking with my father.
"I'd say she knows," my father said, smiling slightly.
"How could you do this to me, without my consent?"
"Livia, you are already pregnant with his child, this marriage would be a blessing to both of our families. Plus we all know your love for each other. Besides, your consent is growing inside of you. This child is all the proof I need for this marriage."
"Livia my dear, come sit with me, we have much to discuss," her Majesty said.
My father and His Majesty, Sika exited the room.
"I know you are hurt considering the circumstances, but my son loves you. As I am sure you saw, and by the way you came in limping slightly, he was miserable without you. Before you were here he would drink constantly, but when you came, and he started falling in love with you, his drinking ceased, until the day you left. Your absence made him angry. No one was safe around him. Every woman he took to his bed, he sent away."
"Your Majesty," I started.
"Please, call me Lisa," she said, "how does your pregnancy progress? It looks as if the baby is riding high. I remember when I was pregnant with Roman, carrying him exactly like you carry this child," she said placing her hands on my stomach, as the baby kicked.
"Strong kicks, just like their father."
The door opened, and in walked Roman. I gripped the chair tightly, my fingernails digging into the wood. "Roman, come, the baby is kicking," his mother said standing, letting him take her spot.
I looked away as he placed his hand on my stomach, only looking at him when the baby kicked harder then ever, making me double over in pain.
"Livia, are you alright?" His mother asked.
I nodded, "Just really hard kick," I said.
She chuckled, "Isn't the pregnancy suiting her well. Once you marry and she gives birth, you can have more."
Roman swallowed hard, the desire evident in the look he gave me.
"She should stay in your room son. Besides, it's not as if she can get pregnant currently."
Roman nodded, his eyes locking with mine, "Come princess, we need to get ready for the banquet in honor of our impending marriage."
He took my hand, helping me stand, and guiding me back to his room. When he opened the door I stared in shock, the broken glass and overturned tables were set back right, the room was spotless. Closing the door behind him, he walked around me, going straight to his wardrobe, pulling out a suit. I stood there, "Livia you do need to get dressed today my love."
"But there's nothing for me to wear in here," I said, confusion in my eyes.
"Sure there is, you didn't think I was going to allow my soon to be wife, and mother of my child to not have anything to wear."
I walked over to him, as he opened the other wardrobe, gasping when I looked inside. He said, "Personally I think this is the one you should wear."

"It's beautiful," I said, as his fingers brushed against my shoulders

"Let me help you get it on."
I nodded, as he pushed the straps down of my current dress down. His eyes fell on my stomach, before putting the dress on, he knelt in front of me, his hands on either side of my stomach. "You look beautiful like this."
"Thank you," I replied.
He put the dress over my head, letting it flow downwards. As it billowed out around me, I said, "Wow, this is beautiful, thank you."
"Anything for you my love."