Chapter fifteen

Entering the hall, I saw the children sitting around the table, the all stood, running to me, squealing, laughing, and giggling, thanking me. The Lords all glaring at me. I saw my fathers eyes widen seeing me doing this. "Hello father," I said, kissing his cheek. "You're just like your mother," he said, "I approve of what you are doing."
Romans arms were folded across his chest. "You and I need to talk tonight, you are to come to my chambers after dinner is finished."
"No," I stated simply.
"You have no choice, the Lords, because of what you've done wish to speak with us both."
"There is nothing to talk about, the children are more important than these Lords. These children were starving as you saw earlier. They don't get enough to eat, and yet, here we sit with all this food left, and you let it be fed to the dogs."
"That's because their slaves, and mean nothing."
"And that's where you and I differ, maybe you should live for a week with what they have, and then you'd see."
"I don't need to that would be degrading to me, I am the future king."
"You'll never be a great King if you don't know what happens in your kingdom."
"I know what happens in my kingdom princess."
"Then tell me five names besides Dean and Bayley of the people who do all the work, while you sit on your ass."
He grumbled, as Clara came up to the table. "Hello Clara, thank you," I said.
"Leave us servant," Roman said.
"Stay, speak with me, Clara," I said, motioning for a chair to be brought over.
"Father, this is Clara, I met her in the kitchens, she and her husband, Raphael, are the best of the kitchen. I asked if he could make some of the things we had back home. Remember how mother always had them make those pastries."
"The pies with the frosting in the middle. Pumpkin was my favorite," my father said.
"Hi princess," the children yelled in unison.
Looking down the table I waved to them, smiling at them and their enthusiasm. Over the course of the dinner, the others began to warm to them, except for Roman.
"They shouldn't be here father," Roman complained.
"Son, just indulge her, it will pass once she has this child."
"Your Majesty, this is not a passing fancy, this is something that my mother taught me to do, especially if you don't want another incident like what happened soon after we found out I was with child."
"That was a one time incident, and having them under our thumbs is more important than fraternizing with them."
"As I said to him earlier, you don't know your own people, the ones who cook your meals, change your sheets, wash your clothes, and so much more, if you actually took time to meet them and get to know them you'd understand why I am trying to get to know them. It's what a true Prince, princess, King and Queen should do."
I stood, walking down to the children. Their excitement showing on their faces, as I hugged each of them in turn. I saw Her Majesty lean over to Roman and say something. He stood, walking the opposite way of me, towards the Lords.