Chapter eighteen

Roman and I were sitting in the banquet hall going through the last minute details of the wedding, tomorrow, I thought, tomorrow I will be his wife. His father stood on the dais, observing everything, shouting orders at the people working, until Roman said, "Stop, I want everyone to stop," he ascended the steps to the dais, stepping in front of his father. "I watched and worked with most of you over the course of the last week, some closer than others, and I must say, thank you for all of your hard work, but it isn't right that you do everything and get nothing in return. I owe this all to Livia, if it weren't for her showing me the way, and for all of your guidance, even if I did get kicked by a horse, and a certain lunatic did hit me with a shovel," he said smiling, "I, as your future king, and my soon to be wife, wish to make you all guests at our wedding tomorrow, no work, just have fun, because between Livia and I we have already gotten the food prepared."
I smiled up at him, as the children raced up to him. "This is the best part of what I've learned, and maybe part of it is that Livia is soon to give birth, but I wish that all of us can see on a daily basis the joy and love our children bring to us, no matter if they are the heir to the throne or the gardeners daughter."
Romans father grabbed his arm, spinning him, crushing him in a hug. "She's like your mother," I heard him say, as I ascended to Roman, and the children, hugging them all, their little hands touching my stomach. When they all were off the dais, leaving Roman and I standing there alone, his hands cupping my face, kissing me tenderly, my fingers digging into his arms, trying to keep the pain at bay. "Livia, what's wrong?" Roman asked me, realization dawning in his face, "It's ok my love, I'm here," he lifted me into his arms, carrying me from the hall, past all of the children, his parents, my father, Bayley and Dean, and the Lords.

Hours later, and many screams later, Roman standing by my side, the tears streaming down his face.
"Livia, my love, their beautiful. I would never have imagined twins. You've given me everything imaginable."
"Princess, Your Highness, may I present your twins, Akamu(boy) and Apikalia(girl)."
As the doctor handed them to us, I felt my heart swell with love, Roman sunk down to the bed, holding Apikalia, saying "You are definitely your father delight," I said, smiling up at him.
"The Gods definitely formed them both. They are perfect," he said.
You're my Samoan God, that's how they're this perfect, I thought, giggling to myself.
"I know I'm your Samoan God my love."
My eyes widened, taking Apikalia, handing him Akamu. I thought my heart had swelled as much as it could, but the moment I held her in my arms, everything I knew changed. I was now a mother to the next princess.