Chapter twenty

I was running towards the twins, trying to get to them, an immense pressure holding me back, gasping for air. My eyes flew open, that immense pressure I felt, was Romans body laying over mine, his head resting on my stomach. My fingers ran through his hair, "Roman," I whispered.
His head shot up, his eyes bloodshot, the stench of alcohol on his breath. "You left me, you left me."
"Not that I did that on purpose, and why are you drinking again?" I asked.
"You always leave me."
"Roman, I was stabbed."
"You always leave me."
"I didn't do it on purpose," I yelled. "You always accuse me of choosing to leave. I only left once because I was scared. Scared of loving you."
The door opened, and in walked Lisa, Sika, and my father. "Livia, you're awake," my father said, rushing forward.
He looked between us, "You can leave, you've done enough damage, and you need to sober up before you ever talk to her again. Especially if you talk about the twins."
"She doesn't give a damn about them," Roman said, bitterly.
"How the hell would you know what she gives a damn about?" My father asked, "You've never given her a chance to let you know her truly. You've forced her into more than anyone should have to do, but she's tried helping you. She's tried showing you the right path, it's not her fault that the twins were taken."
"They were taken?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper, my heart tearing to shreds. "How dare you be mad at me for almost dying, when our children were taken!" I yelled at Roman. "How can you even think that I don't love our children? Get out, get out and don't ever come back."
"Livia, you don't mean that," Lisa said.
I glared at her, "You've been pushing me towards him, you said he'd change, but he's not changed, he still doesn't trust me. I've done nothing but love him and our children, even after everything. I almost died because of my love for him. Our children have been taken, and you say that I don't mean what I said. I was stabbed for the Gods sake, stabbed during the second happiest day of my life. I love those twins with every breath I take. And every moment he sits here accusing me of trying to leave him, they get further away. If he gives a damn about them, then he'd be out there trying to find them."
Roman stormed out of the room. I never saw him again that day or for the days that followed. My father said that he refused to see anyone including his own mother and father.
I was sitting up on the bed, my back resting against the headboard, when Clara came in. She rushed over to me, hugging me. "His Highness has asked to speak with you about the twins," she said.
"Have they found them?" I asked.
She shook her head sadly.
"Dean and Bayley?"
She again shook her head.
"Then there's nothing he and I need to speak about."
"Livia, you should hear him out."
"No, he has no idea how much he's hurt me. And he never will. "
"Please hear him out. You need to hear what he has to say, they know who took the twins."
"I will see him in the hall at dinner, he can tell me there."
She nodded, "I will be back to help you dress."
"No, I will do it myself," I said, the fear of anyone seeing the scar on my body taking hold.
Once she was out of the room, I went to the closet taking out a simple blue dress.

Smoothing it out, I opened the door, breathing deeply, and took my first steps outside of the room

Smoothing it out, I opened the door, breathing deeply, and took my first steps outside of the room. All eyes averted when I walked down the corridor. "Pity, shame, babies, twins, knife, betrayed," were just a few words I heard. Turning I glared at all of them, "That's enough, I didn't mock any of you, I helped you, and that is my repayment?"
I walked into the hall, Roman was already sitting at the table, I glared towards him, he was where most of my anger should be directed. "Princess, welcome back, I hope you are well," Lord Rollins said.
"I will not be well until my children are returned to me, so why are you all here and not looking for them?" I asked, looking directly at Roman. "So do not ask if I am well, because my children are not here, they are out there somewhere, and not with me." I turned and walked out of the hall, anger boiling inside of me. As I walked back to my room, the tears that I had kept buried inside found their way out, buckling my knees, I felt arms wrap around me.
"Livia," he said softly, "I'm sorry, I love you and our children, I will find them, that's what I wanted to tell you, I know who took them. It was on the orders of Hunter."
My stomach dropped, his threat ringing in my ears from over a year ago. I knew my children were in serious danger, "Find them," I said, pushing him away.