Visit

Roy had been working on his paper work late at night, due to him, as Ed would say it, "Being a lazy egotistical Bastard" when really he was just tired from the night before. They had been celebrating Roy's promotion, even though he had been promoted about a few weeks ago. He was deep in thought with work, when there was a knock at the door. He hadn't been expecting any visitors lately.

The Elric's had been stopping by lately, after the Promised Day. Right now, however, they were on a train back to Resembool, to get his auto mail leg checked out. So, cautiously, the Brigadier General slipped on his ignition gloves, and began walking towards the door. When he opened it, he stood face to face with none other than Alphonse Elric. He had been fully restored five months ago, and it took Roy some adjusting to get used to not seeing the suit of armor he was oh so familiar with.

"Alphonse?" The older male questioned, confused as to why he had appeared at the door. Surprisingly enough, Edward wasn't with him.

"Brigadier General....I need to talk to you." Al replied glumly. Roy raised an eyebrow.

"Alright. By the way Alphonse, where's your brother?" He questioned. In all the time he knew the younger Elric, he had never thought that he could look to afraid, and so...depressed.

"It's about Brother." He said quietly, so quietly, Roy had to strain his ears to listen to what had been said. Roy stepped aside to allow Alphonse into the room, and the two sat on the couch.
"Brother he....he's in the hospital." He whispered out. Roy's eyes widened.

"He's what?!" He asked, staring at the blonde.

"At the hospital. We were on the train to go back to Resembool, to visit Winry, when he started coughing, out of no where. We realized he had coughed up blood." Al explained softly, not being able to look at the Colonel. Roy felt himself beginning to worry about him.

"Is he alright?" The Brigadier General questioned. Al shrugged slightly.

"We think Brother'll be okay. Hopefully, it's nothing serious." Al replied softly. Roy slowly nodded.

"Well, I think I'm done with my paper work, so, can I stop by and visit?" He questioned. Alphonse nodded.

"Of course. I was going to go back to the hospital anyways, so would you like to come with me Brigadier General?"

"I'd appreciate that."