Stay

Roy, Al, and Winry were all seated on chairs in Ed's hospital room. All three of them weren't ready for this day. This day had arrived too fast. It was Ed's last day. And nobody was ready for it. The four sat in silence, not saying a word. However, it was Winry who said something first.

"Ed I.....I'm really going to miss you....." She whispered. Ed and Al looked at Winry sadly.

"Winry...." Ed said quietly, looking at her. She was trembling a little.

"After everything that's happened to you and Al I.....I hardly think this is fair to you!" She cried out. Al simply pulled her into a soothing hug quickly, and Ed finally discovered why Al never spent much time with him. So that he and Roy could have some alone time. Because Al knew how he felt about Roy long before even he himself did. Ed looked down at the blanket, squeezing his eyes shut.

"I don't...." He mumbled, catching Roy's attention, since he was sitting right next to Ed's bed. "I don't want to die....." Roy's eyes widened slightly, and without hesitation, he wrapped his arms around Ed, pulling him close as Ed cried. Roy quietly shushed Ed as he stroked his head softly, still hugging him close. The blonde's cries weren't uncontrollable like Winry's was, they were quiet.

Both blondes eventually calmed down, but stayed in the arms of their partners. Eventually, Al and Winry left the room, leaving Roy and Ed alone.

"Roy?" Ed asked weakly, looking at him. Roy looked down at the young man in his arms. He suddenly realized why Ed had a smile on his face, and why he sounded weak and tired.

"No...." He whispered. Ed nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry...." He said quietly, looking at him.

"Take care of Al for me, kay? Ma-Make sure he stays o-out of trouble...." He added, smiling still.

"Edward don't you dare...." Roy said quietly, looking at the blonde. Ed's eyes slowly dropped closed.

"'M....sorry.....Roy." He whispered, falling into Roy's chest.

"Ed, no!" He exclaimed, looking at the blonde. "You can't! You can't die! I....I love you dammit, you can't leave me!" The doctor came into the room, Winry and Al following behind. The two blondes looked at Roy holding Ed close to him, his head bowed, trying to keep in his tears. The doctor held a syringe in his hand, and injected it into Ed's now limp arm. Roy didn't even notice. The doctor looked at the three.

"I'm sorry...."