Question

12 days.
He had 12 days left to do what he wanted. The blonde found himself just wanting it to all end. He wanted the suffering to end already. "Ed, I'm home!" Roy exclaimed, stepping into the house. Ed looked up from his spot on the couch.

"Hey, welcome back." He replied, smiling a little at him. Roy returned the smile.

"You still reading that fire alchemy book?" He questioned, seeing the book in Ed's hands. He slowly nodded.

"Yeah...figured it was something to do." He responded, looking at it. Roy nodded, walking towards the blonde, and sitting down next to him. Roy had taken off his blue jacket, leaving him in his button up, and blue military pants.

"I see." He said softly. The two sat in silence, glancing around the room.

"Roy....?" Ed suddenly asked quietly. The Brigadier General looked over at the blonde.

"Hm?" He hummed in response. Ed looked at him shyly, his cheeks tinted red.

"Can I....hug you.....?" He asked quietly. Roy felt his heart melt at the question, and he smiled a bit before opening his arms for him. Ed took this as a yes, and immediately, crawled into Roy's lap, and hugged him tightly, burying his head into his shoulder. Roy wrapped his arms around Ed in response.

"Thank you." The blonde mumbled. Roy raised an eyebrow at the statement, but smiled a bit, and gently kissed the side of his head.

"You're welcome." He said softly, and hugged him close. "Hey Ed?" Roy asked, suddenly breaking the silence between them.

"Yeah?" He replied. "I was able to get a day off tomorrow. Would you like to go out somewhere?" He asked. Ed's face flushed.

"L-Like a d-date....?!" He replied. Roy nodded, smiling.

"Mhm." Ed slowly nodded, smiling.

"Okay."