Confusion

15 days.
Had time really gone by that quickly? Had he really spent nearly two months with the Brigadier General? The blonde had only gotten worse. He frequently had night sweats, there was more pains in his chest, and the amount of blood in his hands when he coughed worsened. There had been a few incidents where Roy had come home, and the blonde was curled up on the ground with severe chest pains.

But Roy was always there. And Ed appreciated it. He was glad he had someone to hug, and to get comfort from. And that brings Ed to his current problem. He was confused about his feelings towards the raven male. Was he -dare say- falling for the older male? It seemed like the most possible answer. It would answer why he would blush when Roy did something, or grow flustered.

It made the most sense when it came to Ed wanting to feel Roy's comforting touch. He wanted Roy to pull him close, and tell him it'd be alright. Ed felt his face pale as he was reading a book.

"Oh gate." He mumbled. "I'm in love with the bastard...."

Roy sat at his desk, working on his papers. He found himself no longer being able to focus on work, his mind elsewhere. Riza had called Roy into work, saying he needed to catch up on his paperwork. But Roy couldn't focus. He was to worried about coming home to Ed laying on the ground again, coughing, and full of pain. He didn't want Ed to be in pain anymore. He didn't want Ed to be sick anymore.

And he sure as hell didn't want Ed to be keeping track of how many days he had left to live. It pained Roy to see him hurting. And he didn't understand why. What did he think of the blonde anyways? That he was just some annoying brat right? Maybe that was a lie. Maybe he didn't really think that deep down. Maybe he deeply cared for him. Maybe he was-,

"Falling for him...." Roy mumbled, eyes wide in realization. Suddenly, Al's words from that day that was oh so long ago rang in his head.

"Make his last months worth living...please Roy." Suddenly it all made sense. Did Al know the potential love that lay dormant between the two. Did Al play matchmaking.....?

"Damn, and I thought Ed was a genius......"