Track

It had been a week since Ed began to stay with Roy. He found himself beginning to feel an attachment to the raven haired male. A few nights he had woken up from a nightmare, and the Brigadier General was by his side, running a hand through his blonde hair as he hugged said blonde close to him. Ed was sure that he'd tease him or something like that, but the jokes never came.

All he got in return was comfort. The blonde found himself beginning to keep track of how much time he had left. So far, it's been a month since he found the truth of his condition. His symptoms had only gotten worse. The pain in his chest was more frequent now, and he coughed up blood from time to time.

One week, he had gotten a fever, and would barely eat. Some days, he had extreme fatigue. On those days, Roy stayed home with him. And Roy had coaxed him through it. Roy had been by his side. Even more than his own brother had. Not like the elder Elric was bothered by it. No, he wasn't bothered by it. Maybe a little. Currently, he sat on his bed, a calendar in hand.

"22 days...." He mumbled. Roy entered the room, looking at him.

"Ed? What are you doing?" He asked. Ed quickly tried to hide the calendar in his hands. Roy didn't know. He didn't know that Ed kept track. The raven haired Brigadier General stepped into the room, eyes wide in realization.

"Why?" He began. "Why keep track?" He mumbled, looking up at Ed. The blonde had definitely grown taller. The blonde bit his lip and looked away. "Answer me, Ed." Roy stated, moving to sit on the bed.

"Because...." He began quietly. "Because...it gives me a sense of comfort....." The blonde explained. Roy frowned, and suddenly pulled Ed into a hug.

"You don't need to keep track for comfort." He said softly. "Not when I'm here." Ed simply nuzzled his head into Roy's shoulder, and stayed close to him.